July 2012 Moms
Options

is your LO talking?

hi mamas! i joined the bump when i was pregnant with my DD but wasn't really that active on it, which makes me a little sad b/c it would have been nice to be following this board. i've seen a few posts about your LO's walking.. and i'm wondering now, if any of your LOs are talking? i know all babies develop at different rates but i see several moms with 14 and 15 month olds who can say a handful of words. DD babbles a ton and understands a lot of words and commands but only uses "dada" and even that's not totally consistent.

just curious what you're experiences are. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: is your LO talking?

• Options
    Nope. Referred to EI at 12 months, starts speech in October.
  • Options
    LO only uses a handful of words.  They include dada, cat, hi, bye bye, and duck.  She babbles a lot and makes lots of noises.  She does understand things so if I ask her to get her shoes she will.  I figure every baby develops differently so I don't worry that she is not talking a lot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Frankie says dada, momma, dog, hot and milk. He busted out with car yesterday but I think it was a fluke. He squeals and hollars a lot lol!

• Options
    "Mama" only... once in a while "dada".  But she walks, runs, climbs up stairs (and everything else) unassisted, and is working on properly getting down stairs. 

I am not even a little bit concerned. But I can't wait for more words!

• Options
    She is saying a ton of words all of a sudden. It pretty much happened overnight. She was only saying 3 words until she hit 14 months and then BAM! She's been a parrot ever since. Now she says so many I don't count. There are new ones daily.

My favorite is guck (yuck). She pointed at DH's nasty toe and said guck! Lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    DD has two of her own words..."Ah-Dah" which is her word for dog mostly but she also uses it for other animals and interesting things...she'll point and go "Ah-Dah!"

"Ana" is her word for "I want"...when she wants milk or a toy or something that she can't get for her self she'll go "ANA ANA ANA" ... it's funny because Ana is the name of the owner of her dayhome...so she must have learned it from the kids but she uses it differently.

She says Dada sometimes and she will point at DH if I ask "where's Dada?"
  • Options
    jfresh said:
    Oliver is not a talker. He babbles and such but no words, not even mama or dada. At the 12 month check up our pediatrician said she expects 5 words at 15 months, so we'll revisit that at the 15 month appointment. Oops forgot to add he is 14 months.

This is E too.  Reasonably sure we'll be looking at an EI assessment.
  • Options
    He says "ooo ooo ooo" only when the dog barks.  I think he thinks he's talking to her.
    Uh-oh when he drops something or falls.
    Bub-oh means bubble. He says it all.the.time. When we get out the bubbles though he only wants to drink the soap. We don't let him of course, but sick, kid!
    And he'll point and say "dis" or "dat".
    He used to say Mum when he was sad.

>>>---FSU--->

• Options
    We have dis and dat consistently when she wants to know what something is, but really nothing else but babbles. She will go on and off with daying mamamamamama or dadadadadadada, yesterday it was mamamama all day. It's interesting though because we will tell her what something is she's pointing at and often she'll say the first half of the word. Like dog was dah, and cat was cah, and rabbit was rab, but she won't finish them and won't do it again. I don't know, it does worry me though.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Options
    He's a much better talker than walker (he wasn't even pulling up at 12 months). He says dada, mama, baby (that's his favorite), bye bye, up, cracker, go, diaper, clock (more like "cock"), and a few others that are more sporadic. Right now "a-go" means "down," so there's that, lol.

He's catching up on walking now but he's a chatterbox first and foremost.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the responses, mamas! DD started walking at 10 months. She was "running" and climbing around her 1st birthday. Our ped mentioned that she should be using a few words by 15 months which is what made me a little nervous, but otherwise she seems to have met all of the milestones they're concerned with. 
  • Options
    Not really much here. He repeats a lot but doesn't use many words on his own really. He says mama, hi, and he signs "more" so far. We'll see what happens next month for his 15mn well check. I think his pedi wants to start speech at that timw but I think I want to wait until closer to 2 years. He understands words well so I'm not too worried.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"