Sibling class? — The Bump
Atlanta Babies

Sibling class?

Has anyone had their LO go to one of these?  Is it worth it or was your LO bored silly?  

I checked Piedmont and they didn't seem to have any at the main campus, but saw New Baby offers one.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sibling class?

• When my youngest brother was born, my step-mom and dad had me and my younger brother go to one. I remember being really excited to get a tour of the hospital to see where he was going to be born and the nursery, getting a "big sister" t-shirt, and a few other goodies and books. Of course that was almost 22 years ago and in south GA, so I don't know how the classes are up in Atlanta. My step-mom also involved us in a lot of things to prepare us for another sibling and I think that helped the transition tremendously. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
    mingaling2
  • klynne924 said:
    When my youngest brother was born, my step-mom and dad had me and my younger brother go to one. I remember being really excited to get a tour of the hospital to see where he was going to be born and the nursery, getting a "big sister" t-shirt, and a few other goodies and books. Of course that was almost 22 years ago and in south GA, so I don't know how the classes are up in Atlanta. My step-mom also involved us in a lot of things to prepare us for another sibling and I think that helped the transition tremendously. 
    I think it would be awesome for DD to see the hospital and nursery, but it seems they don't have anything for siblings at our hospital. Lame.  I might just do the maternity tour again and see if I can bring her along.

EDD 12/24/15

• Loading the player...

• klynne924 said:

When my youngest brother was born, my step-mom and dad had me and my younger brother go to one. I remember being really excited to get a tour of the hospital to see where he was going to be born and the nursery, getting a "big sister" t-shirt, and a few other goodies and books. Of course that was almost 22 years ago and in south GA, so I don't know how the classes are up in Atlanta. My step-mom also involved us in a lot of things to prepare us for another sibling and I think that helped the transition tremendously. 

I think it would be awesome for DD to see the hospital and nursery, but it seems they don't have anything for siblings at our hospital. Lame.  I might just do the maternity tour again and see if I can bring her along.

Hmmm that's an interesting idea. I feel like the hospital was completely overwhelming for Gavin. He cried as soon as he saw me... Don't think he even noticed the baby! It was enough that I have considered not letting the kids meet her until we come home.

• Ava took it but at Kennestone. I really liked it and she enjoyed it. I liked the "rules" they went over and we review them all the time. The tour was good too! If you can get Mia in one I would!
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    mingaling2
  • Ava took it but at Kennestone. I really liked it and she enjoyed it. I liked the "rules" they went over and we review them all the time. The tour was good too! If you can get Mia in one I would!
    Thanks!

EDD 12/24/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards