June 2013 Moms

My heart aches... (Warning-friends' loss)

steph_pegasussteph_pegasus member
edited September 2013 in June 2013 Moms
Found out Saturday that friends of ours who were pg & due in Feb lost their little boy at 19 weeks because of unforeseen complications. My heart hurts for them; they had been TTC for about 9 mos prior to getting pg. This is the first time I've seen something like this happen to someone I actually know, and it is so much harder to hear about now that we have our LO. Hug your babies extra today, even after they blowout their diapers and spit up all over you. Eta emoticon removed

Re: My heart aches... (Warning-friends' loss)

• steph_pegasussteph_pegasus member
    edited September 2013
    I'm just having a hard time getting it off my mind. I was going to make a ring sling for them, but now I don't want to give it to them. Maybe if they decide to try again?
    Eta spelling error
  • I'm so sorry :( 

A couple I know IRL lost their baby when she was 17 weeks pregnant. When they were ready, they tried again and they have a beautiful baby boy who was also born in June. I can't imagine the pain they went through and are still going through. 

I will keep your friends in my thoughts.
  • Loading the player...
  • And now I'm crying, being a mom really makes me emotional when I hear stories like this. I've know friends to have miscarriages but cannot imagine being 19 weeks along.HUGS
  • So sad :( It definitely hits harder once you have your own baby, I agree.
    Mama to Sophie Virginia
    born 5/4/13 at 35 weeks 4 days

• So sorry! That is a tragedy and I feel for the family.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Very sorry for your friend :(

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• So sorry for your friends. While I was pregnant the secretary at my schools' daughter was also expecting 4 days after my due date, she lost her baby at 20 weeks. It broke my heart bc her mom and I would talk daily about the babies and what all was going on. It really made me treasure my pregnancy.
  • I'm so sorry for the loss. Mine was lost at 7 weeks but I didn't know until 11 weeks. I can't imagine being half way along and going through that. So sad.
  • I had an early loss and I also couldn't imagine losing the baby have way through. I'm so sorry for your friends loss. My prayers are with them!!

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"