September 2012 Moms
Options

BFing Check In

Any more nurseaversaries to celebrate??

How's it going? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BFing Check In

• Options
    We're pretty much done with daytime feedings (unless she's sick, which is right now) but still have the bedtime feeding and once or twice in the middle of the night. I'm selfish and don't won't to wean bc it's so much easier to nurse her for 5 minutes than to go through weaning. I like the sleep I get and I know if I wean her, she will probably stop waking up in motn but I'm not ready. Until I'm tired of nursing I don't plan on working on it anytime soon.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Still going. Our nursaversary will be Wednesday. I was trying to sort of drop a daytime feeding, but might go back on that now because she's been waking up a lot lately. I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but for sleep's sake she usually ends up in bed with us and then wants to nurse a million times. So I'm not sure if this means she's not getting enough milk during the day, or if she's just comfort nursing because something else is going on (teething, wonder week, a little cold--who the fuck knows). 

Anyway, it's generally going well. She sometimes bites a bit toward the end of the session. She thinks it's funny; I just end it. No massive bites yet, luckily (knock wood). 

• Options
    jayja2007 said:
     I'm selfish and don't won't to wean bc it's so much easier to nurse her for 5 minutes than to go through weaning. I like the sleep I get and I know if I wean her, she will probably stop waking up in motn but I'm not ready. Until I'm tired of nursing I don't plan on working on it anytime soon.
    I'm in the same spot with night weaning.  She still nurses quite a few times a day, especially on the weekends when we're together. I mentioned this on the BFing board, but on weeknights when we get home, she'll want to nurse right when we walk in the door and then she'll go off and play.  A short while later (sometimes only 20 minutes), she'll want to nurse again.  This happens a few times.  Other than that, we're still happily plugging along. 
  • Options
    jayja2007 said:
    We're pretty much done with daytime feedings (unless she's sick, which is right now) but still have the bedtime feeding and once or twice in the middle of the night. I'm selfish and don't won't to wean bc it's so much easier to nurse her for 5 minutes than to go through weaning. I like the sleep I get and I know if I wean her, she will probably stop waking up in motn but I'm not ready. Until I'm tired of nursing I don't plan on working on it anytime soon.
    That sounds reasonable, not selfish!
  • Options
    Our nurseaversary was Saturday! Woot woot!

Yesterday we dropped her last daytime feeding. Now we are down to 6 am and bedtime. I'm hoping to drop bedtime next week and the am feeding middle of oct.

I'm scared to drop the am feeding. She goes to bed around 830-9 pm, wakes between 5-6am, nurses for 15 min but gets a ton (~8oz when I've pumped) and then sleeps until 9-10am.

We started mixing 1oz of WCM with 5oz of EBM last night. I have 200oz in the freezer so we are going to do a slow transition.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We celebrated a year two weeks ago and are now nursing just AM and PM. I still have 200+ oz in the freezer, so DD has been getting BM mixed with a little WCM for her afternoon cup at daycare and on weekends. I don't have specific plans to wean her from her remaining two feedings anytime soon. But, I've noticed a lot of times she's not eating very long. So, that raises a question: If she only nurses 5 minutes, twice a day is that enough milk? Or do I need to give her more WCM too? 

• Options
    melody921 said:
    We celebrated a year two weeks ago and are now nursing just AM and PM. I still have 200+ oz in the freezer, so DD has been getting BM mixed with a little WCM for her afternoon cup at daycare and on weekends. I don't have specific plans to wean her from her remaining two feedings anytime soon. But, I've noticed a lot of times she's not eating very long. So, that raises a question: If she only nurses 5 minutes, twice a day is that enough milk? Or do I need to give her more WCM too? 

My pedi said that 3 good sessions where I feel like he empties me out is plenty of milk for the day.
    Baby #1 Sept 2012. Baby #2 due Feb 2015.
  • Options
    melody921 said:

My pedi said that 3 good sessions where I feel like he empties me out is plenty of milk for the day.
    Baby #1 Sept 2012. Baby #2 due Feb 2015.
  • Options
    @kellersprag if you are nursing at all or feeding BM, you can totally play along. Or even if you aren't but are just interested, you can play along. No real rules for this check in as long as people are kind. 

@auroraloo you are more than welcome to play here! :) You're BFing, it's a BFing check in = the more the merrier!  Nursing on demand is great for upping supply so hopefully you won't have the same troubles you had last time! 

@melody921 I think you could give more WCM if you feel like it's not a full nursing session, but you could also just be okay with giving lots of full fat dairy and calcium rich foods, you know?

• Options
    We had our nursaversary on the 22nd! I'm trying to switch to WCM during the day as well. This week will be 1 oz BM and 3 oz WCM (last week was roughly half and half. I figure next week I'll try all WCM. Then my goal is to transition off of bottles. So, not sure if I'm doing it right, but that's where we're at. We'll try to continue to nurse morning and evening.

Most days she only wants to nurse morning, evening, and late afternoon now. I haven't dropped a pump at work, but I suppose I should, since days that I am with her (like today) I'm not offering to nurse if she doesn't request it, but I sure as hell don't want to pump either.

• Options
    We made it to a year on the 22nd! I'm still nursing twice a day and will probably stop in a month or two. Or three. Or whenever.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    Still EPing. He turned a year about 3 weeks ago and I plan on continuing as long as I can.
  • Options
    We will hit a year on Friday! I'm having mixed feelings, like most of you probably do too. I never expected to be emotionally attached to this. I had so much fear and anxiety about breastfeeding...that I would hate it or have a poor supply. I've been blessed with a (mostly) easy course and am so thankful. We're down to early AM (MOTN, really) and late afternoon. I'm going to drop late afternoon in a few days. I'm nervous about engorgement going from twice a day to once, but we'll see how it goes. I don't have a pump here (out of town for a few weeks) and I hate hand expressing.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We made it to a year and I didn't run out of milk this time. Yay! I stopped pumping my extra two times a day and she is still nursing happily. I don't have plan of weaning any time soon. It's good for her and it helps with the ms without the dreadful meds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Anoe1113 said:

Still EPing. He turned a year about 3 weeks ago and I plan on continuing as long as I can.

Again, you rock. It is a lot harder to keep that up from my experience. Great job!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Still here! We haven't really changed anything. at all. He is still doing bottles of BM when away from me, and nursing when we are together. We are consistently at 5ish times a day.
    He bit me a few weeks ago and it hasn't healed yet.  He's 50/50 if I can get him latched on that side in a position that doesn't hurt. I'm not sure how to get it to heal.  He's getting more teeth and it actually seems to be getting worse :(
    I might see if my LC will meet up with me again to help with it. 
    We haven't introduced WCM and probably won't until closer to 16 -18 months.  I would really like to nurse until 2.  DH doesn't support me going much longer than 18 months so we will see!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    ellebee2ellebee2 member
    edited September 2013
    Not much has changed for us since last check in.

We hit one year on the 23rd which I am super proud of. I always set that as a goal for myself, but now that we have passed it, I am feeling pretty happy about it. 

We are just nursing 1x per day (at bedtime), but I don't think I will be dropping that any time soon. But for now we are going month by month. 

Also --- a question since I'm here and don't feel like starting a new post for it.... DD has started pulling back while latched on. She gets a good latch, starts drinking, then puts her hand on my boob and pushes back while still drinking (stretching my nip in the process). Anyone else had this happen? Thoughts? Suggestions?
  • Options
    We are still nursing 3 times a day and she gets a bottle of BM at bed. I plan to keep going for another couple of months until she really has the eating 3 squares a day down pat. She eats well at breakfast and dinner but has trouble with lunch.

View Full Size Image

• Options
    ellebee2 said:

We hit one year on the 23rd which I am super proud of. I always set that as a goal for myself, but now that we have passed it, I am feeling pretty happy about it. 

We are just nursing 1x per day (at bedtime), but I don't think I will be dropping that any time soon. But for now we are going month by month. 

Also --- a question since I'm here and don't feel like starting a new post for it.... DD has started pulling back while latched on. She gets a good latch, starts drinking, then puts her hand on my boob and pushes back while still drinking (stretching my nip in the process). Anyone else had this happen? Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Colby does this too. I hold his hand so that he can't push back, he has much less leverage with just his head when he can't use his hand as well.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    @ellebee2
    e used to do that to pull for a letdown...?

• Options
    We are still going. I cut out one daytime session starting on her birthday, so I'm doing 3-4 sessions per day.

I'm offering WCM in a sippy or straw cup throughout the day.

Once she starts drinking more than just a few sips, then I'll cut out another session.

Congrats, everyone for making it this far!

• Options
    ellebee2 said:

This could be teething, or her starting to self-wean.

• Options
    We're down to 2x a day. Early morning and at night. I'm loving the freedom of during the day not having to pump and having to pack the pump bag. He's doing great on WCM at meals. I'm happy at where we're at with nursing. And today W is 13m old, which is exactly as long as I nursed J.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @bosha711 - she never unlatches which makes me think that she isn't self-weaning. she STILL has no teeth, so it could be teething, but really I have no reference point to compare to. 

@linzeek44 - hmm could be, perhaps now that I am only nursing once a day, there is less milk so she gets impatient??

@holly_1007 - good to know i'm not alone. i will try the hand holding trick.
  • Options
    I was hemming and hawing last time, but we are officially weaned. I should be off the pump by the end of the week. I am done to 2 oz in 10 minutes once a day, so I figure it will be gone by the end of the week. I offered over the weekend - as usual - and she walked over, licked my nipple, and started giggling, My child was teasing me - brat! 

Congrats to all you ladies who made it to a year!

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    Par13Par13 member
    edited October 2013
    We made it a year on the 18th! I'm not pumping anymore at work but still nursing in the morning and at night. I'll keep going until he wants to drop those sessions.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"