October 2013 Moms
Options

My midwife is gonna be mad at me. *Update

SuperTreesaSuperTreesa member
edited September 2013 in October 2013 Moms
I'm up 8 lbs from my last appointment 2 1/2 weeks ago. Yesterday I was only up 2 lbs, so totally acceptable. But my H and I ditched the kids yesterday with the grandparents and celebrated our anniversary. Lunch at the Melting Pot, picked up buttery popcorn from a local movie theater and took it home to watch rented movies. And we topped it off with some yummy Chinese take out. So a high sodium gluttonous day and totally worth it. There is no way I ate 6 lbs of food yesterday, so I know it's mostly water retention. But that much gain looks so bad. *update* So I have the best midwife ever. I had a nearly 10 lb weight difference from last appointment to this one. Neither she or thhe nurse brought it up. No scolding, nothing. I brought it up finally. I told her it was the caused by celebrating our anniversary. She just shrugged it off and reminded me to drink lots of water and eat a bunch of watermelon to help flush out the extra water.
Eleanor 1/8/10 Harriet 1/19/12 Margaret 10/31/2013

Re: My midwife is gonna be mad at me. *Update

• Options
    Drink lots and lots of water and keep moving.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sounds like it was worth it! Nicely done!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Worth. It. :)
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Totally worth it.  I just topped off my lunch with Strawberry Poptarts though so I'm no health expert.  Drink lots of water, maybe you can flush some of it out before your appt? 
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options
    I've drank about 60 oz of water in the past 3 hours. I know it's probably not even close to enough because I'm still thirsty. Oh well. I regret nothing.
  • Options
    Ugh, stupid freaking iPads and the no paragraphs. About the popcorn, I didn't know you could do it either. We got to the theater and none of the movies appealed to us. But there was no effing way I was going home without popcorn. Turns out, they are totally cool with you just buying the $8 popcorn.
  • Options
    I used to work in a movie theatre several years ago and we would have people come in just to buy from the concession and take it home all the time. I definitely did this when I craved movie nachos with my first pregnancy.
  • Options
    Went to see my doctor today for an NST... They did a bp and weight check the nurse wrote it down wrong.... When the doctor came in he said we have to talk about your bp and weight... Bp I know it's high I was working all day.... And my weight ? Yeah 13 lbs since Thursday ! Lol.... I was like wtf... It was only 3lbs.. Live it up sister!!!
  • Options
    I go to the movie theatre all the time to go buy this peach candy I can only get there. They let me walk in and buy it without a ticket. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • Options
    I can't believe I am finding out about this buying concession food and not going to the movies at the END of my pregnancy. Hello? My guilt free days are numbered. sadface.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"