August 2013 Moms
Options

Weekly Goals

Each week, I try to make a small goal for the week.  One for me, and one for DD.  I doubt I'm the only one who does this, so I figured it would be fun to share!

DD goal - to get her to take her naps in her crib.  Right now, her crib is a storage unit. :)  Her closet is small, and she keeps getting gifted clothes that are too big and I can't fit them in her closet, so I just put them in her crib.  Well, DH keeps asking me when we are going to be putting her in her crib at night, and I just don't feel comfortable doing that yet.  I figure a good first step is to put her in her crib during the day during her naps, so I'm also awake to keep an eye on her.  She is getting over a cold, so I may not start for a few days, but I'm hoping that by the end of the week, I will have been able to have her take her nap(s) in her crib!

My Goal - I spent a lot of time baking during the 4 weeks I was off work before LO was born, and I haven't been able to bake since then.  I now have a wrap that I can wear LO, and so between her taking her nap in her crib, and being able to wear her, I'm hoping to bake something this week.  I'd love to make some kind of coffee cake (mostly because I love my coffee in the morning, and would like some yummy coffee cake to go with it. :)

What are your goals?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Goals

• Options
    It rained almost everyday last week so we didn't get to walk as much as we were. DD seems to enjoy it.
    My goal for me is to get my house tidied and organized. Especially since skids are coming this weekend. It looks like a tornado came through
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good thread! I have been making little daily goals in the hope of moving towards a larger goal, but perhaps a weekly goal is a good idea as well:

My goal for this week is to keep my house straightened up enough to feel comfortable having visitors. I know we have a lot of very tidy people on this board but I am not one of them. I would rather get a root canal than thoroughly clean my house, but I have finally got everything organized, in its place and labeled when applicable. I just want to be a little proud of my house and all the hard work I have put in.

My other goal for the end of the week is to play nice with my MIL and FIL and to remember that when I feel tested or pushed by them, it is because they love us and want the best for us. What they think is best for us, is not what we do, but we can agree to disagree.

LO's goal is going to be an out in public trip that is longer than 3 hours. Momma has a lot of errand to do and my little Panda needs to start coming a long for the ride.

• Options
    my goal is to walk every day with LO and to start my diet.  I may just start with the walking first and make the diet my goal for next week.  I couldn't walk today though because DH went to work with the stroller in the back of his car.

for DD my goal is to consistently work on tummy time
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CBiggs85CBiggs85 member
    edited September 2013
    My goal was to start Insanity but my sister forgot to bring it to me. Next Monday! I am also starting to cook real meals this week instead of Trader Joe's frozen meals!

DD's goal is to keep naps in check,continue tummy time when awake, and I would like to start trying 1 nap a day in her crib. I did it twice last week and I want to continue.
  • Options
    Great thread! My goals for LO are to work on more tummy time and be persistent about getting good naps in every day. My goals for myself are to make some non-freezer meals and start 30 day shred after I (hopefully) get cleared by the doc at my 6-wk. checkup tomorrow.
  • Options
    My goal is a daily walk ( to eventually turn to a slow jog then run). Also to be more affectionate towards DH. We discussed we need to take care of us too.

DD goal: more tummy time and sleeping second (short) half of night in crib.
  • Options
    This is a great post.  Maybe we could make it a weekly monday post :)

For DD: Having LO nap in her bassinet
    For Me: Get our room unpacked (we just moved into our new home)...that or figure out how to shower and blow dry my hair while baby's napping...normally i can only get a shower before she wakes up from her power nap.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My goal is to have a better bed time routine that involves DH. So he can change, swaddled and read/ cuddle LO. I think well alternate days.

My goal for me is also to bake something. My goals for the past three weeks have been to clean the washrooms or vacuum the house, etc but this week I want my weekday goal to be for me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My goal for me is to cook at least 3 meals this week and follow my weight watchers points.

My goal for LO is more tummy time and a more regular bedtime routine.

• Options
    Love this thread and agree it should be a weekly thing.

For me: get at least 3 walks in this week. Also, accomplishing something around the house each day. I've been bad recently with laying on the couch and no motivation...I feel depression creeping up on me and need to make sure I'm being proactive to not let it set in.

For LO: like a lot of you...working in daily tummy time and establishing a better night time routine.
  • Options
    Good idea, OP!

For me: buy some clothes I can wear to work/church while I get back into shape.

For baby: get feedings/naps on a more regular schedule. He is 4 weeks tomorrow, so a good time to start something new.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    I'm not feelin very motivated right now.

It would be nice to get dd to nap more than 2 times a day, she has been taking 10-30 min "naps" also to get her to sleep in her crib at least one stretch at night. Her Bassinet is going to be too small soon.

My goal is to drink more water and to make dinner every night.

Ooh, get dd to take the bottle. I started at 6 weeks but she has only taken half an ounce and I'm pretty sure most of that spilled. Has anyone not gotten their baby to take a bottle and had to quit their job?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"