Trying to Get Pregnant

One month

My hubby and I are actively ttc. We tried last month and nothing :( I had a miscarriage over ten years ago before I was married and am just concerned about getting pregnant and having it happen again. I know one month is not a long time, but should I start to worry? I am 32 and my husband is 31. Thanks in advance!

Re: One month

• lilegglilegg member
    edited October 2013
    1 month, 1 try, seriously?!  dear god I hope you don't need to worry!  
    That came out super harsh and I apologize.  

The rest was all superfluous bullhooey.  

Good Luck to you.

- Married October 27, 2007 - TTC since June 2013 -
  • It can take a healthy couple under the age of 35 a year to get pregnant. I know it can be frustrating to get a BFN, but don't borrow trouble. You're extremely early on in the process. Read the newbie blog. There is a lot of helpful information in it.

DH (29) & Me (26) - Married 9/22/2012
    TTC since 9/2012
    Dx - Annovulatory; PCOS-IR

8/2013 - First consult with RE
    9/2013 - HSG, SHG both clear; SA normal
    Oct 2013 - Jan 2014 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI #1-3 = BFN's
    Feb 2014 - Femara + Trigger + IUI #4 = BFP!!!!!
    Beta #1 - 3/2/14 (15dpo) - 123
    Beta #2 - 3/4/14 (17dpo) - 378
    1st ultrasound - 3/21/14 - 1 little ninja, heartbeat - 120bpm
    Due November 7, 2014

**ALL** Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • You shouldn't start to worry. It can take a healthy couple under 35 up to a year to conceive. Also, there is only a 20% chance of conception each month. I don't know if you're temping and charting, but if you aren't, I highly recommend checking out the newbie blog found in the thread towards the top of the page as well as Fertility Friend for helpful tutorials.
  • Hi! Welcome to the board! I'm so sorry about your loss and hope that you won't be around here too long!

The "Are you new to TTGP?" thread at the top of the list has some great info on trying to conceive in it! It can take up to a year to get pregnant. I don't think you should anticipate having trouble conceiving or carrying to term just yet. Good luck!

TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • First of all - I am very sorry for your loss. 

Please don't start freaking out after 1 month , I know it sucks not being able to get pregnant when you chose however it doesn't work that way. See PP's suggestions above. 

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• I'm sorry for your loss, but take it from someone who is experiencing medical difficulties and please don't go searching for something wrong. As others said, it can take a year for a healthy couple to get pregnant. Also, this is another vote for you to look at the 'New to TTGP' post. I do also want to say, welcome and I hope your stay is short and sweet. 

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
    Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008
  • I'm sorry for your loss as well. We got a BFN after our first month and yes it can be disheartening but you're early on in the game and I hope you will enjoy this time and not worry so much. ( and maybe one day I'll learn to take my own advice!) ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just wanted to say that I am sorry for your loss.  I agree with what everyone else said.  One month is just a start, and it can take a healthy couple up to a year.  No need to worry.  GL to you and please read the newbie blog if you haven't already.  It really answers a lot of questions.  

me 28-DH 30
    dated DH - 2001
    married DH- 4/4/2009
    off BC & TTC - March 2013 
    diagnosed with PCOS on July 29, 2013
    SA-  low sperm count, low motility, and forward progression 
    Medicated cycle #1 with 100mg clomid cycle (October 3)-  No ovulation or mature follies were present on U/S day 14. IUI was cancelled.
    BFP on 11/23/13!! Due date is July 20, 2014!
    Yeah! DH and I did it on our own without any treatments or procedures. We are excited about our miracle baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"