July 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else's LO sitting in a bumbo?

My little one is just shy of 3 months and loves I mean LOVES to sit in her seat and watch us. I don't remember my DS ever sitting in the bumbo this young but DD doesn't struggle at all. Her head doesn't even wobble around. I don't keep her in it for long periods of time just so I don't wear her out. Time is going by too fast!

Re: Anyone else's LO sitting in a bumbo?

• Options
    My guy does! He LOVES it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep. He has been sitting in it supervised for the past week. He is doing well in it :)

Bonus: 

• Options
    My DS will sit in his- the only problem is his thunder thighs- he barely fits! Poor little man.
    Same here!  When I pick him up to take him out, it stays on and I have to push it off of him.  
  • Options
    Per the physical therapist that treats me: we avoid bumbo seats. We want to use the jumperoo but sparingly.

Bumbo article

Walker/bouncer/jumper article

Do what you feel is best. I just really trust this PT professional. She works with kids all the way up to geriatric patients.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Per the physical therapist that treats me: we avoid bumbo seats. We want to use the jumperoo but sparingly. Bumbo article Walker/bouncer/jumper article Do what you feel is best. I just really trust this PT professional. She works with kids all the way up to geriatric patients.
    Meh there is an article that says everything is bad. Interesting reads though!

Personally, I believe anything done in excess can be harmful. If someone wants to sit their kid in a bumbo or  a jumparoo for 20 minutes a day, I don't think that kid is going to be so developmentally delayed that it would effect their quality of life. I understand the poor posture argument, but again, there are so many cons for everything now-a-days. 

I want to go buy one soon to see if my LO likes it. So far I just prop her up in the corner of the couch or on her boppy and she loves that so I wonder if she will enjoy the bumbo or not. I have an exersaucer too that I want to bring out. Although I'd prop some books under her feet so she isn't dangling around. 
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

My DS will sit in his- the only problem is his thunder thighs- he barely fits! Poor little man.

This is why we only used it twice with my first LO... He was too fat for it!
    This is too funny. My 3 yo dd can still fit in ours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Charlie is too fat for his lol I can't even get his thighs in if I tried!
  • Options
    See siggy pic below :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Big brother James 6-19-11  ****  Little sister Lillianna 6-26-13

• Options
    Per the physical therapist that treats me: we avoid bumbo seats. We want to use the jumperoo but sparingly. Bumbo article Walker/bouncer/jumper article Do what you feel is best. I just really trust this PT professional. She works with kids all the way up to geriatric patients.

This
  • Options
    Interesting. With Corri, the docs told us to absolutely not use a jumperoo or exersaucer because preemies' legs are already hyper extended because never get to the point where they are really curled up in the womb, so putting them in a jumperoo or exersaucer can cause further extension of the muscles,which can lead to delays in walking, crawling, etc. 

We did, however, use the bumbo with her a ton because she was too small to fit in the high chair to eat until she was about 8 months old. I tried Gavin in the bumbo last week and he was fine for like 5 minutes...then he was bored and pissed, lol!
  • Options
    Fayga said:

DD loves hers!  We sit her in it while we eat.  We will be getting the tray when she gets into toys more.
    imageimage

We have this tummy time mat!
  • Options
    Interesting. With Corri, the docs told us to absolutely not use a jumperoo or exersaucer because preemies' legs are already hyper extended because never get to the point where they are really curled up in the womb, so putting them in a jumperoo or exersaucer can cause further extension of the muscles,which can lead to delays in walking, crawling, etc. 

We did, however, use the bumbo with her a ton because she was too small to fit in the high chair to eat until she was about 8 months old. I tried Gavin in the bumbo last week and he was fine for like 5 minutes...then he was bored and pissed, lol!

@sdtchica13 I never knew that, thanks for sharing. I was thinking of getting a jumperoo or borrowing my nehew's, but now I'll talk to DD's pedi first.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Because I must AW:

• Options
    I just got the bumbo out of the crawl space after reading this!
  • Options
    Boo mine doesn't have the belt so I had to put in for the replacement kit.
  • Options

Per the physical therapist that treats me: we avoid bumbo seats. We want to use the jumperoo but sparingly.

Bumbo article

Walker/bouncer/jumper article

Do what you feel is best. I just really trust this PT professional. She works with kids all the way up to geriatric patients.

I definitely see the concern, but sometimes you just need somewhere to put the baby - like PPs say when they eat and such. The article makes it sound like they're spending hours sitting there with no breaks and no interaction.
    Right. I agree. That's why I said do what you feel is best. :-)

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I need to AW too...

Bonus: 

• Options
    jegoffin said:

This is why we only used it twice with my first LO... He was too fat for it!
    This is too funny. My 3 yo dd can still fit in ours.

My 7 year old can still fit! Lol- He's got a little booty and skinny legs.
  • Options
    Love the pics.. My son started going in supervised. I don't know if he likes it, but he doesn't mind it for a little while. I probably started at like 8 weeks.
  • Options
    DS loves his(:

The picture makes his head look funny but he is just enjoying feeling like a big boy sitting up haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We've been using it for a couple weeks..for about 10-20 mins at a time
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My baby has been in it since about 7 weeks for a few minutes a day (mainly while i make my coffee in the morning). She has great neck and head control and likes being able to watch me rather than stuck on her mat looking up (or down when tummy time) all the time.
  • Options
    I want to try LO in the bumbo tomorrow. I think it's fine in measured doses. Everything in moderation.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Tried it out for the first time today and he loved it! Yes I know he's not buckled in but I was literally sitting right in front of him. We will def buckle him normally.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"