TTC After a Loss

*Update* Severe cramping still no AF

starchick78starchick78 member
edited October 2013 in TTC After a Loss
Hi ladies

Hope you are all well. It's been 4 weeks since I intro'd and I thought things were fine now but...
Sorry if this is TMI...this morning DH and I were ML and I started having severe cramping so bad we had to stop. I was doubled over and panting from the pain for at least half an hour (seemed like longer). I was dizzy and faint and my hands started to go numb. I was in so much pain I thought we'd have to call an ambulance. My miscarriage ended about 4 weeks ago so AF should be arriving any day and I have had some signs she's on her way. Have any of you ladies experienced something similar? I have been reading the 1st AF after mc can be very painful and I am wondering if this is what this was although I have no blood at all yet so can't say that I actually have a period now. We waited 2 wks before having sex after the mc and have only done it a couple of times since then (once just before I think I ovulated). I have no discharge and no fever so I don't think I have an infection..? This was really scary for both of us this morning and I guess I am just wondering if this is par for the course or not?

Re: *Update* Severe cramping still no AF

• Personally, I've never had anything like this. That seems awfully severe though, so if it were me, I'd be calling the Dr. to see what he/she thought I should do. Hopefully everything is fine though.

Also, for the record, it's really hard to be TMI on this board, and this post is no where close to that. :)
    TTC Our Rainbow Since May 2011

BFP#1 9/9/12 -- EDD 5/14/13 -- MMC 10/10/12 Miso 10/19/12

BFP #2 9/17/13 -- EDD 5/25/14-- CP confirmed 9/21/13
     BFP #3
    2/1/14 -- EDD 10/5/14 -- NMC 2/10/14

Dx: low progesterone & mild hypothyroidism

My Chart

4e41feae2813d8779361f4b4a13b4b 1

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

• Oh wow, that sounds really scary!! I wish I had some concrete advice for you but I've never heard of that happening or experienced it for myself. Personally, I'd put a call into whoever was managing your mc and just explained what happened. Hope you feel better!

Married 8.1.2010
    DD #1: Arrived 10.7.2011
    TTC #2 Since March 2013
    BFP 5.20.2013, EDD 1.26.2014, natural mc @ 5 wks 5.25.2013
    BFP 6.21.2013, EDD 3.14.2014, Twins - missed mc @ 7w6d, D&C 8.6.2013
    BFP 10.7.2013, EDD June 20 2014 - It's a GIRL!   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had bad cramps before, but nothing like what you're describing. Please call your doctor to find out what they think. If it's so bad that you're doubling over, you should seek medical assistance.

Also, this is nowhere near TMI. Pretty much anything but showing us pictures of CM is ok.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• snegde said:
    Your cervix is probably hardened and low because your period is coming. If you weren't fully healed and depending on your husband's size and the position you were in could be the reason for your pain. I would call your doc in the morning just to make sure. Also just because you dropped it in there, are you supposed to be TTA this cycle?
    I wondered this too...

Married 8.1.2010
    TTC #2 Since March 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am only three weeks out since my d&c, so no advice to what is the norm. I agree with the PP that I would call my doctor or the after hours dr on call for my ob/gyn office to get firm advice.
  • I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. It sounds awful. I definitely recommened seeking advice from your doctor. Hope you feel better soon!

BFP #1 - 7/24/2013 (EDD: 3/31/2014) - mmc 8/12/13 - D&C 8/15/2013

BFP #2 - 3/6/2014 (EDD 11/14/2014) - Beta #1 (17dpo): 1400 - Beta #2 (19dpo): 3170

PGAL/PAL Welcome | My FF Chart  

• Hi ladies and thanks for the responses. I will email my doc tomorrow morning to ask him about this. Is TTA trying to abstain? My doc told me we could try again right away but I wasn't 100% sure of when I was ovulating so I was also wondering if I could be pg since we had sex around the time I think I was ovulating but had a BFN on Fri- 12 days PO approx (since I can't be sure). With the cramps I was experiencing this morning I would have expected full flow by now but there's absolutely nothing at all. It's very strange. Hopefully you're right snegde and it's cos it's on the way
  • Hi ladies and thanks for the responses. I will email my doc tomorrow morning to ask him about this. Is TTA trying to abstain? My doc told me we could try again right away but I wasn't 100% sure of when I was ovulating so I was also wondering if I could be pg since we had sex around the time I think I was ovulating but had a BFN on Fri- 12 days PO approx (since I can't be sure). With the cramps I was experiencing this morning I would have expected full flow by now but there's absolutely nothing at all. It's very strange. Hopefully you're right snegde and it's cos it's on the way
    If you are interested in being sure for future cycles, I would look into charting/temping. Fertility Friend is a great website to help with that. Did your Dr. say you could try right away, or right away after your first AF. It would seem strange that you were given no waiting period after having a D&C, IMO. Also, if you have more severe pain like this that continues today, I'd call ASAP. Otherwise, contacting tomorrow is a good decision. GL with everything.

BFP #3

My Chart

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

• I did not have a D&C. It happened naturally. Doc said to try again right away and did not say to wait until after AF...
  • I did not have a D&C. It happened naturally. Doc said to try again right away and did not say to wait until after AF...
    Sorry, I guess I just invented that fact. :\">

BFP #3

My Chart

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

• No worries and thanks for the advice
  • I would really consult your doctor about this. The pain you are describing, as others have mentioned, sounds severe. If you almost called an ambulance because it was so bad I'd make sure and get an appointment with your doctor ASAP.

Like snegde asked, did you have a follow up? Is it possible you didn't pass everything naturally?

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• I had a follow up and my levels were at 3 the last appointment which I guess were so close to zero that this was my last follow up and doc told me we could start trying again right away.
  • starchick78starchick78 member
    edited September 2013
    All I can say is that this only happened during sex and now I'm ok so I am guessing that the two are related? I am definitely going to tell my doctor tomorrow. I can't thank you ladies enough for your concern and advice. I will update you after I've spoken to the doctor tomorrow
  • For what it's worth, there is no real normal when it comes to post loss cycles, so saying you're supposed to get your period soon is inaccurate. You may get it soon as expected, or you just might not, there's no real way to know. I didn't get a period for almost 8 weeks after my loss, and I was temping and charting so I knew that I never actually ovulated in that time either. You can think you ovulated at some point, but you can't know that for sure without temping and charting.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Yikes I would definitely call your doctor. I hope everything is ok!
  • starchick78starchick78 member
    edited September 2013
    For what it's worth, there is no real normal when it comes to post loss cycles, so saying you're supposed to get your period soon is inaccurate. You may get it soon as expected, or you just might not, there's no real way to know. I didn't get a period for almost 8 weeks after my loss, and I was temping and charting so I knew that I never actually ovulated in that time either. You can think you ovulated at some point, but you can't know that for sure without temping and charting.

You may be right however I feel like my period is due soon as I have sore breasts and have been having cramping on and off for a few days and according to when I think I was ovulating it should also be due around now. I don't chart and temp but I do check my LH levels. I had both a LH surge and my normal ovulation pains 14 days ago so assuming all is "normal" I should be menstruating any day. I guess it's also possible I am pg -although I had a BFN on Friday so I doubt that but I am not ruling it out. With regards to what I experienced this morning, it felt like my period was starting but I was having way worse cramps than ever before. From the feedback above this doesn't sound like a common thing. I am just so glad that the pain went away and I have not had a repeat episode since. Let's see what the doc says tomorrow. Thanks again ladies
  • For what it's worth, there is no real normal when it comes to post loss cycles, so saying you're supposed to get your period soon is inaccurate. You may get it soon as expected, or you just might not, there's no real way to know. I didn't get a period for almost 8 weeks after my loss, and I was temping and charting so I knew that I never actually ovulated in that time either. You can think you ovulated at some point, but you can't know that for sure without temping and charting.

You may be right however I feel like my period is due soon as I have sore breasts and have been having cramping on and off for a few days and according to when I think I was ovulating it should also be due around now. I don't chart and temp but I do check my LH levels. I had both a LH surge and my normal ovulation pains 14 days ago so assuming all is "normal" I should be menstruating any day. I guess it's also possible I am pg -although I had a BFN on Friday so I doubt that but I am not ruling it out. With regards to what I experienced this morning, it felt like my period was starting but I was having way worse cramps than ever before. From the feedback above this doesn't sound like a common thing. I am just so glad that the pain went away and I have not had a repeat episode since. Let's see what the doc says tomorrow. Thanks again ladies
    FWIW, you can have an LH surge and O pains and never really O. The only way to know on your own without going to a Dr. is to temp. Again, that's obviously not the issue you're facing right now, but in the future it may be something you check in to. Let us know what you find out tomorrow. FX it's nothing!

BFP #3

My Chart

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

• Hi Guys

Well I emailed my doctor yesterday as I said I would and only this evening got an annoyed response from him telling me I should have called today to go in and to go tomorrow if I am still in pain. Thing is I am not in pain anymore and my period arrived this morning.

I let him know.

wanted to update you ladies that I am ok, in no pain and AF arrived.

• Glad to hear an update, and that it was just AF. FX that you won't have anymore pain like that.

BFP #3

My Chart

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

• I'm glad you're okay and AF showed! Hopefully you won't have anymore pain like that! So scary!

Married 8.1.2010
    TTC #2 Since March 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"