Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Snug a Bunny not swinging

We bought a brand new Snug a Bunny swing just a few months ago and now it won't swing without my sitting next to it pushing for a few minutes and even then it sometimes just stops swinging. I don't think my DD is too heavy - she's about 14 pounds. Has this happened to anyone else? I didn't save my stupid receipt either!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Snug a Bunny not swinging

• I have heard of this happening to a number of people with this swing.  We also have the swing and knock on wood, we have not had any issues with it.  There was a post on here maybe a month or so from someone who was having motor issues and BRU wouldn't replace it.  If I can find it, I'll include a link.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It sounds like the motor issue. I'm trying to extend the life of mine by manually swinging it to start rather than making the motor do it. I just wish I had started doing that from the beginning. Sometimes, it sounds a little pathetic.
  • Loading the player...
  • That stinks.  I have an older used model and my LO is 15 lbs and is still swinging in it.  Sometimes I have to give it a little push to get it started. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got mine as a hand me down from someone who only had 1 child. I always pushed it to start so it would get going sooner and so the motor wouldn't work too hard. First the music and mobile crapped out on us (fresh batteries did nothing to help and we only used the music and mobile maybe 1 or 2 times per day). Then a couple weeks after that the swinging stopped. It's totally lame. We rarely use it now, but sometimes she likes it so I manually swing her in it. Soon it'll be going in the trash. And next time I'll buy the one I wanted. lol
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes! I have had major issues with Fisher Price concerning this swing! I am sure that I am the one that PP was talking about. My motor stopped working completely 2 1/2 months ago. (LO was about 1 month old). I attempted to return or exchange at BRU, but I was dumb enough to give my name. They looked on my registry, and the swing had been purchased greater than 90 days before then (even though it had only been used a few weeks). They would jot take it, and they told me that they don't deal with the motor issues. I called FP, and they told me that the motor was on back order until sept 30th. That date came and went and I still did not receive the motor. I called after a week. They told me that it was now on back order until Oct 30th. At first, they told me that I could not exchange or return the swing. I kept on asking to speak to a supervisor. They never would put me on with a supervisor! Finally, the girl told me that she would send a mailing label out and I could mail the legs (at my own cost) and receive a new swing. The mailing label never arrived. I called again a week ago to ask if I would ever see the mailing label or motor. They said that somehow it never got processed and that they would mail it out now. I am still waiting. It has been over 2 months with an almost $200 swing sitting collecting dust. At 3 1/2 months, I don't even now how much longer my LO will even use it. The whole thing makes me very angry. I wish you luck. Call now before the motor goes on back order again!
  • imagesuzyqjmu:
    Yes! I have had major issues with Fisher Price concerning this swing! I am sure that I am the one that PP was talking about. My motor stopped working completely 2 1/2 months ago. (LO was about 1 month old). I attempted to return or exchange at BRU, but I was dumb enough to give my name. They looked on my registry, and the swing had been purchased greater than 90 days before then (even though it had only been used a few weeks). They would jot take it, and they told me that they don't deal with the motor issues. I called FP, and they told me that the motor was on back order until sept 30th. That date came and went and I still did not receive the motor. I called after a week. They told me that it was now on back order until Oct 30th. At first, they told me that I could not exchange or return the swing. I kept on asking to speak to a supervisor. They never would put me on with a supervisor! Finally, the girl told me that she would send a mailing label out and I could mail the legs (at my own cost) and receive a new swing. The mailing label never arrived. I called again a week ago to ask if I would ever see the mailing label or motor. They said that somehow it never got processed and that they would mail it out now. I am still waiting. It has been over 2 months with an almost $200 swing sitting collecting dust. At 3 1/2 months, I don't even now how much longer my LO will even use it. The whole thing makes me very angry. I wish you luck. Call now before the motor goes on back order again!

Yep...I'm not too impressed with FP either. Thankfully mine swings, but the mobile stopped working (not a huge deal...but still, its annoying...I paid $130 for this thing...the mobile SHOULD WORK!)  They were supposed to send me a new motor by Sept 30 (I have an email confirmation too) and yeah....still waiting for the motor.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had the same issue with this swing after 4 months.  It stopped swinging, and now it won't swing at all.  It is a motor issue, and Fisher Price will not replace the motor.  To purchase a new motor is $75, and at this point is not worth the additional investment (my son is now 6 months old).
  • Call the company.. a friend of mo e needed their brand new motor replaced
  • Our portable one quit last week. I bought it on sale for my last child and he only used it maybe 3 times so I was very irritated when it quit on DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"