November 2013 Moms

A C-section It Is.

Just got back from my appt with my MW. DD is still breech. Confirmed with a quick sono. We have another sono scheduled for my 36 week appt, to confirm DD's position. The odds of her flipping at this point (given her size ~5lb, and my septate uterus) are very slim. After the sono, if she's still breech, I'll be consulting with an OB to schedule an ECV,though I was warned that it probably won't work because of my uterus... If the ECV doesn't work, we'll schedule a c-section for around 38-39 weeks. I fail at belly mapping apparently. MW said period-like cramping is normal.

Well. This sucks. I went with a MW because I wanted a med-free birth... Yeah, probably not going to happen. I'm mentally preparing myself now for a c-section and looking at "natural c-sections" to discuss with the OB in two weeks. Hopefully I'll still be able to have some of the things I was hoping for...

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
<3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 

Re: A C-section It Is.

• I'm sorry you might not get the birth you were hoping for. I'm sure you are disappointed, I would feel the same way. BUT baby will get here one way or another, and you just have to keep looking forward to holding baby in your arms. Good luck! There is still hope, stranger things have happened!

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ahhh that sucks. i would second the suggestion to try the spinning babies exercises, you never know. also, i read something in the hypnobirthing book yesterday about their meditation/relaxation techniques having a very high success rate in turning babies the right way. it may be worth working with a hypnobirthing consultant for an hour or two to see if this works for you, if having a natural birth is that important to you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you wont get the birth you hopped for.  My first was a c-section and it was hard for me to get over.  Just try to remember the outcome is the same, you will be holding your baby in your arms.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ahhh that sucks. i would second the suggestion to try the spinning babies exercises, you never know. also, i read something in the hypnobirthing book yesterday about their meditation/relaxation techniques having a very high success rate in turning babies the right way. it may be worth working with a hypnobirthing consultant for an hour or two to see if this works for you, if having a natural birth is that important to you. 
    Oh yeah, ditto this too. https://www.hypnobabies.com/store/product/71-turn-your-breech-baby-mp3 This might be helpful.

Also here's some info on moxibustion (you can order the sticks online - I have a link I can give you for that, if you want): https://www.birthinbalance.com.au/pages/Moxibustion-for-Breech-Babies.html
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • I'll be thinking of you...I agree with PP's though; even though the birth may not be ideal at least your LO will get to enter the world safely. Good luck to you!

#LOLFITMAMA
  • >:D< I understand this disappointment. I'm sorry it may be a possibility, but there is still hope! Try what you can. I ended up with an emergency c-section after laboring, and in hindsight I know I could have done more to change the outcome. I hope your efforts pay off!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

• I had an emergency c-section with my first and it was hard to except, especially since I had to be put all the way under, and husband couldn't be there either. At least it will be planned and you will be able to hold a healthy LO.

This will be our first birth either of us has been to/been concious for and we are thirlled and nervous at the same time.

It will work out either way and you have the right idea that it's all about getting LO into the world safely.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic              image 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hugs.  And flip vibes to your LO.  If she doesn't flip I hope you have as natural of a birth as possible.  It sounds like you are doing everything you can to bring her into the world happy and healthy.  
  • I'm sorry you might not get the birth plan that you wanted. HUGS. Hopefully she will do some dancing and flip for you by your next sono. FX that she cooperates:) GL and keep us updated on what the next sono reveals. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm sorry this isn't what you wanted to hear but hopefully LO flips so you can have the birth plan you wanted. Prayers that everything turns out okay
  • That is really disappointing; I'm sorry.

I hope you're reassured by the conversations you have with the medical staff over the next couple weeks and if she doesn't turn, that you start to feel better about some of the procedures over which you still have a choice.
  • Just wanted to send hugs and wish you luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
  • I'm sorry that you're not getting the birth you envisioned. I definitely agree with all of DT's suggestions, and if you choose to try them I hope that they work! If not, I hope that you get to go with the other things you were hoping for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh Mamabear I'm so sorry.  FX LO flips pronto!  
    I'll find out at 36 weeks if I'm in the same boat.  I have a subseptate ute and when I found out I was pregnant I wished and prayed so hard the placenta would attach low. The dr thought my miscarriage was likely from implanting on the septum and the pregnancy before that the placenta partially detached early on.  Well, I got my wish. Unfortunately it was still too low at 28 weeks! 

My LO wasn't head down at 34 weeks but the OB said hers flipped out of head down at 37 weeks but she got her back before delivery with spinning babies.  Still hope even if its slim!  
  • Sorry to hear things are going as planned, I know how disappointing that can be! I'll keep my fingers crossed that she flips in time!
  • I don't know of this will make you feel any better, but my last baby ( who was born at 9lb 3oz) flipped in week 36 so..it can happen. Fingers crossed for you!
  • Have you looked into the option of having an ob do a breech vaginal birth? My birthing center works w a dr who does them (in Denver). Maybe your city has a dr who will do them too? Just a thought. Best of luck with everything!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"