Pregnant after a Loss

12 week appt

I had my 12 week appt and everything went well.  We talked about quad testing but it's not until 16 weeks ugh.  Now I am obsessing about what is something is wrong with the baby.  I also can't help but think that since I had two miscarriages maybe I'm higher risk for abnormalities?  Is this completly wrong? How do you ladies hang in there waiting for the tests?  I hate that I am such a worrier.  She said there are more tests but insurance doesnt usually cover them unless its medically necessary like I come back high risk and they offer the amnio.  It wasn't even an option to have the NT since it wouldnt be covered.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 12 week appt

• I'm so glad to hear that all went well with the 12w visit! Congrats.

2 losses can just be due to bad luck, chromosomes not lining up right, implantation not quite right or a placenta not really developing, etc. it doesn't necessarily mean that there was a specific abnormality or that you're necessarily at risk for one thankfully. Chances are in your favor that this baby could very well be completely healthy and the last 2 losses are just flukes. It happens, as we know, all too often.

Of course if your losses were to test positive for a specific abnormality and have had multiple losses, you may be more likely to have another. This is my situation with Trisomy, which has me scared to death for my NT scan tomorrow. But again, even these losses can be deemed bad luck unless mom or dad carry or are missing a chromosome already and the same one the baby is missing or had extra of.

FX that all is well. At least 16w is only a month away. Try to keep busy and plan fun things to do to keep your mind busy and not focus on the fear. That's what I find works best for me. For instance DH and I have movie date plans tonight and I'm working up until my appointment tomorrow at 1pm. I have to keep busy not to worry.

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Porter put it beautifully, I can only add ((hugs))

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Look into MaterniT21 or Harmony testing that can check for chromosomal issues. If it's not covered by your insurance, they only charge you $250 or something like that, not the full amount. You can do that as early as 10 weeks and you get results in 2 weeks or less.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• would I do that through my doctors office?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am having the MaterniT21 test done. I just told my doctor that I wanted that one done when I was scheduling my NT scan. She says they send it out but they will draw the blood. I would call and ask all you need is an order from your doctor and you can go to Quest or any lab/hospital that has a Lab, they will draw the blood and send it, and then your doctor will give you the results.
    Married my keeper ~ 7.14.07
    Furbaby joined us ~ 9.21.07
    First BFP ~ 7.4.11
    DD Born ~ 3.14.12
    Second BFP ~ Feb 2013 ~ EDD ~ 10.19.13
    Angel Baby born ~ 5.1.13

imageimage
  • FWIW, my NT scan failed due to an uncooperative baby and was not repeated, so I didn't have one either. This is also my third pregnancy, after two unexplained losses. My testing at 16 weeks all came back as completely normal. Hang in there. Your previous pregnancies are not this pregnancy, and your outcome this time can still be really great. ((Hugs))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"