April 2014 Moms

Anyone else obsessing over names?

We have a boy first name picked out but we get into a fight every time we talk about girl names. I know there is no rush, I am just ready to decide! 

Anyone else? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else obsessing over names?

• We are just the opposite. We got the girl name picked out but cannot agree on a boy name!
  • Not obsessing, but I have a nice long list started :) The DH is a pain in the rear when it comes to names, he vetos like crazy and doesnt let us nail a name down until the day the baby is being born.

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been putting it off for that exact reason! We are both are very opinionated on what we want in a name and we don't agree on many of them. In the past, the conversation turns into an argument because I fall in love with the names I pick and he insults them all! I know I shouldn't take it personally but it's hard when I really have my heart set on something.

I know we'll have to play nice and pick one eventually, but for now we're waiting until we find out the sex. I think we'll brainstorm together in the future to kind of level the playing field...
  • haha yes! Hence my poll/post below.

I'm 99.99% sure we'll go with Aven for a girl... BUT I worry that it's too close to Ava, and Ava is in the top 5 popular names right now, so things could get confusing.

Ugh!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh me too!  I want to work on the nursery SO bad, so to keep myself from doing so I told DH we can't decide on names until we find out the sex at 20wks.  Glad I am not the only one.
    image    image    image    image

• We have first names, but we can't come up with middle names. We are hoping for genius to strike! Though, we bickered a bit in the boy name.
  • We are the opposite. The girl name has been set for a while but we have different favorites for boy names. I have a feeling it's going to be a fight if this one is a boy. *fingers crossed* it will be a girl.
  • DH won't really even think about names. We bought a book, but he doesn't like any names (or so it seems) whereas I keep a running list. He'd rather wait until we know the sex before seriously debating names

Photobucket imageimage

• I love the name Fiona Rose for a girl . My DH didn't love it at first, but he's warming up to it. And then yesterday I made the mistake of telling my MIL, and she literally mocked the name!! I have a great relationship with my MIL usually and this was very out of character for her, but it made me so mad!

For a boy, I like Tyler (which DH vetoed) and Max (which DH also vetoed)... So I'm at a loss for boy's names right now...
  • We have a working list but we can't even think think about making a decision until we find out what we are having. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have had our girl name for over a year but we cannot agree on a boy name. It turns into a fight every time. And the middle names turn into an even bigger fight. I'm hoping it will be easier to talk about once we find out what it is or once April gets closer.
  • Nope. We have a slowly growing list but we're waiting till we find out the sex to really worry about it :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• We chose ours pretty quickly, no arguing. :)

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Ours have been picked out since before we conceived!
  • We know ours first and middle either sex and a back up girl name since our first is the same as SIL and she is due a month before me lol

• We have our boy list of z names

But finding a girl m name is going to be hard. We argee on nothing.
    photo 312e02a9-ef9a-4648-8979-09b4ab630d04_zpsa744d068-1.jpgphoto 26efec1e-a9a8-4abc-adae-e4ac57e9ed07_zpscb2707ed.jpgimagephoto 6de80a6c-9b11-48ea-934b-3d2f0e56825f_zps84077925.jpg photo bea969e4-3c22-42e7-af6a-f4e3450c2fd7_zps664ddd2f.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy%20ticker
    imagephoto b971e7ea-a08a-41e0-bdee-a8d0f48bb027_zps8d92a1f9.png
  • We've had our names picked out for weeks now and we've kinda just assumed the baby is a boy and started calling it Noah.. So if it's a girl calling her Eden will be so strange and I'm considering just using Noah no matter what the gender is

• Noah for a girl!? Lol maybe start trying out Eden... ;)
  • BRBR member
    We have not even discussed names at all.  We are waiting until we find out the sex.  It's hard enough as it is for us so there's no sense in stressing out until we know if we need to come up with a boy or girl name.
  • I want to talk about it but DH won't until we find out the sex.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we're finding out in 8 days!  right now i feel pretty settled on bennett for a boy, and i was very into tessa for awhile, but my husband isn't as excited about it.  he likes juliet more, but as soon as i heard him express that preference for juliet, i started liking it less, almost out of defiance :)

so boy feels easy.  girl feels still very much up in the air.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"