December 2013 Moms

STMs: When did you stop using a high chair?

When did your LOs not need a high chair anymore?

Re: STMs: When did you stop using a high chair?

• I switched DS to a booster seat at the table around 12 months. I got sick of the high chair in my kitchen!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Both kids were eating at the table by around 15 months.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Probably right around when they started climbing out if them on their own.
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersimage
  • n8swife said:
    I switched DS to a booster seat at the table around 12 months. I got sick of the high chair in my kitchen!
    Ditto. Kind of dreading bringing it back out.
  • Kinda flameful but DS still eats in his. He doesn't climb out of it and it's a great way to keep him from running around the house during dinner time.
  • DD still sits in hers...we have a Tripp Trapp. ;) We're getting another one for this LO.
  • I still use mine. It's the Space Saver one. I guess I can put her at the table in it now, since it converts to a booster. I never thought about it!
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • Kinda flameful but DS still eats in his. He doesn't climb out of it and it's a great way to keep him from running around the house during dinner time.
    Not flameful! Anything that makes mealtime easier!
  • We still use a highchair with our 15 month old. We had to move him from a full size one to a spacesaver since he figured out how to unsnap the tray on the full size one.
    Little one is here.
  • We never used a high chair. We just used one of those Fisher Price booster seats. I think we used that until close to two, when he started trying to flip himself backwards in his chair by pushing off the table. So he's just been sitting on a chair or stool since then.

• He would cooperate better in a booster at around 13-14 months. But I guess grandma and grandpa still use a high chair
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We still use ours, DS is 23 months. We have the Fisher price space saver so it doesn't take up any extra space. We could definitely switch to a booster seat now, and do use one at restaurants. I plan to get him a booster seat when this baby needs the high chair.
    After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • 18 months but my son is a peanut :)
  • We still use it at 21 months, but need to get a booster.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They stopped doing it regularly when they started insisting on sitting at the table...both around age 2. We still use our chair without the tray at the table when we need an extra seat.
  • We didn't stop using it until he turned 2.  My son is a wild man at the table and we needed to be able to strap him down...lol.  He's in a booster chair now and there are still some days I yearn for the extra straps...
    -DS #1 due 7/1/11, born 7/7/11
    -m/c Feb 2013 at 4w6d
    -DS #2 due 12/24/13, born 12/11/13
  • We didn't stop using it until he turned 2.  My son is a wild man at the table and we needed to be able to strap him down...lol.  He's in a booster chair now and there are still some days I yearn for the extra straps...

Same. My DD is a wild woman and needed to be contained as long as possible. ;) She is in a booster at the table now and does pretty well in it (though we only have 15 mins, 20 tops before she starts to get antsy).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We never used high chairs. We always used the spec saver boosters and the kids ate at the table with us. We stopped using them when they got tall enough to eat at the table comfortably, I think they were almost 3 then.
  • My ds is 2 on Sunday and he still used his and I am planning on using for awhile still. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• About 2.5 years.
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • We use space saver chairs (boosters) and have all along, instead of high chairs.  My girls are 2 1/2 and still use them, but I took the trays off their seats probably 6 mos. ago and just pulled their seats up to the table. 
  • We only used the full size high chair until around 12-15 months. From there we moved them into one of those inexpensive fisher price boosters that strap to the chair then you can strap the kid in. It's good to get them at the table to establish good eating habits and learn from others at the table. This baby may be in the full size high chair longer because we're currently out of seats at our breakfast table!
  • Sometime between 18 months and 2 years.  He hated it, but did fine in a chair ("knees or bottom").  He will sit in the space saver booster (although we went ahead and put it away, too), but not boosters at restaurants.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• We bought the spacesaver high chair and he used it till he was four! We loved it because we could put it anywhere and it wasn't a huge thing in the way! Great from birth through toddlerhood
  • DS started to refuse to go in it at about 16/17 mo, so I got out a booster to sit up at the table with us. That lasted about a week before he started to refuse to sit in that too.  So he has been sitting on a reg chair since about then. :) Really is working fine.

My 2 December boys

• My guy was a peanut so we used it past the age of 2.  Helped keep him on one place at mealtime.

Now we occasionally use the Tripp Trapp but 90% of the time he just sits at table with us
  • We still use ours. DS is 19 months. I want to get rid of it before we pull out the swing and things like that again.
  • DS stopped sitting in one at 2 or so. DD is still sitting in one at almost 19 months old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"