November 2012 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Test

winecastle14winecastle14 member
edited September 2013 in November 2012 Moms
I'M NOT PREGNANT.

Ok, so now that I've cleared that up... did you guys know that there is a new Clear Blue test that estimates how many weeks you are?! How cool (if it actually works)!! I was looking up pregnancy test on Amazon (still BFing and haven't gotten a period so I like to test every so often so I can enjoy an adult beverage and not feel guilty) and saw that pop up.  Think I'm going to order some. If I get pregnant before having a period, I'll have no clue how far along I am, except for the random testing I do.

Anyone used these? Curious as to whether or not they work.

Re: Pregnancy Test

• Options
    I saw this on tv a few weeks back. Pretty interesting! I track with an app so I should know how far along if I were to text positive. But it's a great thing if it's accurate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    cool!  Wont be preggers again for a loooooooooong time, if ever.  But still, cool!
    Don't jinx yourself  ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, anyone ever used the urine strips? I'm not trying to spend a billion dollars on pregnancy tests and it seems like you can get the strips in bulk for much less. But I'm a little skeptical as to whether or not they are accurate.

• Options

I used the strips when TTC- before IF made me resent testing- and they worked.  (At least I think they do.  I didn't get a postive, but that wasn't the tests fault.)  I did get good results with the ovulation prediction strips.

I got them from pregnancytest.com

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    The new tests tell you 1-2 weeks since conception, 2-3 weeks since or 3+ weeks since.

I haven't used it...I'm already pregnant. But that's what I saw on the commercial and have been told.

That wouldn't have helped me much. Especially since I wouldn't have tested in the first place except that DH bought a test. Good thing he did because it was positive.

Good luck with them and let us know how accurate it is when you finally get a positive. ;)
  • Options

I've used the WondFo ones from Amazon.  They worked fine for me.  I think I got like 50 tests for like $25 or something. 

I personally wouldn't be interested in the test that estimates how far along you are-- I'd just wait until my dating ultrasound if I got a positive pregnancy test.

• Options
    We also used the Wondfo strips. I will say that I had two false positives with the strips. One might have been a chemical pregnancy and but we didn't know for sure.  However, it was pretty obvious something was wrong with the test when it popped up positive only a few seconds after the test line. 
    I would say two false positives out of probably 50+ uses is pretty good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I ordered a handful off of Ebay (I call them China Cheap-os). It beats paying $4 or more for one test.  And I get you on needing to check every once in a while.  I do so about once a month.
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Options

We also used the Wondfo strips. I will say that I had two false positives with the strips. One might have been a chemical pregnancy and but we didn't know for sure.  However, it was pretty obvious something was wrong with the test when it popped up positive only a few seconds after the test line. 
    I would say two false positives out of probably 50+ uses is pretty good.

Good to know about the false positives. I ended up ordering these kind you and @fusionbride mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"