October 2013 Moms

Just passed up a $70 ergobaby.... am I crazy?!?!

I saw it at Marshall's and got SOO excited. Ours never has items like that!!!! So naturally I snatched it up pretty quickly.

Opened it up and it's the ugly burnt orange one.... womp womp. I know I shouldn't be picky, but I really wanted a black one.

Ugh.

So I put it back and saw an Infantino ergonomic carrier. Looks basically the same, they had a black one, and it was only $30. I am now the *proud* owner of it.

Please justify what I just did lol!!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge

Re: Just passed up a $70 ergobaby.... am I crazy?!?!

• From what I have read and heard there is a reason the Infantino one is wayyyy cheaper.
  • That's what I was worried about the Infantino!!

Good to know there's cheap ones on Amazon pretty routinely. I have seen them that price there before!!

Maybe I should just wait til LO gets a little bigger and then buy the ergo. I am not 100% positive right now that we would even use one for it to be worth it.

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • Loading the player...
  • I got my brand new, brown Ergo for $50-some bucks the other day (the organic one). Albee Baby runs great sales, if you ever change your mind. 
  • feenstas said:
    I got my brand new, brown Ergo for $50-some bucks the other day (the organic one). Albee Baby runs great sales, if you ever change your mind. 
    Wish I would have seen that! I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat! I missed the Zulily $50 sale too! :(
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Infantino's are usually the crotch dangler type and very bad for baby's hips.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't use the Infantino... I just don't trust their quality. I love my Ergo but didn't really start using it until DS was more like 8 or 9 months- I used a Moby or MeiTai until then.  Though this time around I bought the infant insert so we will see if I like it for the newborn stage.  EcoBabyBuys, Zuliliy, Baby Steals, all have the Ergo once in a while for a really good discount.  If you like Petunia Pickle Bottom prints when they have their outlet sales they usually have one of their patterned Ergos on sale too.
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Infantino's are usually the crotch dangler type and very bad for baby's hips.

The one I bought is their ergonomic version that works similarly to the Ergo. The pic on the box showed the baby's legs wrapped around mom's waist, as opposed to hanging down.

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • We used Ergo with DS and LOVED it. I got the infant insert for this time around since I have a toddler to chase too, and hope to use it when LO is only a few weeks old and all my help is gone. So I would hold out for the Ergo (keep checking Amazon, the prices drop every once in a while!) and maybe look into the infant insert?
  • Ok y'all convinved me :) I'll return the Infantino and wait til next year to look around for a deal for an Ergo!!

Or maybe Santa will bring me one!

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • @Jnsmith85 To be the voice of dissent here--we have the infantino ergonomic and loooove it!! I took our 18 pound 9 month old on two 5 hour hikes in the Rocky Mountains on back to back days and didn't have any back pain. She also rode in there like a champ and was super comfy! It does have a very wide seat and is nicely designed.

We loved it from about 3-4 months on--before that, out K'tan worked better and seemed easier.

Now, she is 19 months old and still fits fine in it, although she loves to run now, so it is harder to convince her to be carried. But last year, I went on daily walks with her in the infantino and never had any complaints!

• Keep an eye out for Zulily sales. I think I got mine for around 50 but I can't really remember.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"