Breastfeeding

valves on ameda BP

I use my pump a lot and have noticed that I am having a hard time pumping what I did last week while at work.  On the right I would average 3oz and on the left 1oz every 4 hours.  but its been decreased by an oz.  Do you think I need to change the valves? 
TTC since May of 2011. DX PCOS July 2012 SA: morphology 1% motility 47%. U/S 8-20= 3 mature follicles: 56mil sperm after wash IUI #1 + 100mg of clomid + tigger=BFP 9/4 bloodwork hcg 156 progesterone 40BabyFetus Ticker My Blog

Re: valves on ameda BP

• I think you are supposed to change the valves once a month.  They can tear really easily and if you pump often it is best to change them frequently.  I was bad about changing mine and finally changed them after @ 3 months.  When I changed them it made a huge difference in the amount of milk I got. I started replacing them regularly after that.  Also be sure you are getting enough water.  I know that when I would pump less it was because I was not drinking as much as I should that day.
  • When my pumping decreased it was due to the valves! i changed them during a pump and noticed a big difference afterwards. 
  • Loading the player...
  • wow I didn't know this....changing my valves tonight! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"