Breastfeeding
Options

Back to Work - BF and preparing bottles

I am headed back to work next week :(. My LO is now 9 weeks old and 13 lbs 7.5 oz. I am trying to get an idea of how many ounces each bottle I prepare should be as I have been only nursing so I don't know an amt. She would nurse every 2-3 hours during the day for about 15 mins, 5-7 minutes on each side. How much does your LO eat and how often during the day? How old?

Re: Back to Work - BF and preparing bottles

• Options
    My 13 week old takes 3 (4oz) bottles every day. He is there from 7:30-4:00 PM. He started at 9 weeks with the same amount.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

around 4 months old, my LO was taking 3 or 4 3oz bottles a day, depending how long I was gone.  She then went up to 4oz around 5months, then 5.5oz at 6 months-- and has stayed at 5 bottles of 5.5oz since 6 months, we just added in more and more solids as she has grown.

for your first day, consider sending lots of 2 oz bottles so you don't waist any and have your caregiver track how much LO eats when.  Then pack that amount of bottles for the next day.

My DC provider also has an extra bottle and frozen milk on hand just in case LO is especially hungry one day.  That might be good to have since you and LO are just figuring out the new system.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"