October 2013 Moms

Glad I wasn't first

Even though I have one of the earlier October due dates, it's really nice to see the baby posts on here. I'm totally not in any kind of newborn mode and it's really hard to imagine getting back into the swing of things. I'm slowly remembering the details of it all. Up to this point, I guess I felt like I went through it and not that long ago so I was prepared. As things get closer I'm finding I'm just not totally in the mindset and having a hard time seeing past pregnancy and labor (and work and house stuff). Hopefully it'll just all suddenly come back to me.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: Glad I wasn't first

• Yes! My DS is two so it's not like it's been awhile but I watched a friends baby the other day and completely forgot how much time they take- like all of it then on top of that I now have a very loud all over the place toddler I'm supposed to keep in line! Oh boy I think I'm in for it! But I just keep telling my self it goes quick (cause man does it go quick) even though at the time it doesn't seem like it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here...
  • I go back and forth. Sometimes I feel so prepared. And other times I am freaking out

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • I feel like it's been SO long since I had DS (he's 3.5) that I think I've forgotten everything.  Every now and then I see an infant or remember some little thing and I'm like "HOLY CRAP! What have I done!?!  I'm not ready to do this again!!!!" DS is pretty independent but he still wants our attention ALL.THE.TIME and we have a pretty jam packed daily schedule so I just can't imagine how the day to day has-to-get-done stuff will work out.  I know it will, I just don't know how and that freaks me out when I stop to think about it.  Most of the rest of the time I'm just sort of oblivious, I'm so busy between DS, DH, the house, work, family, etc. that I'm all "Baby? What baby?  Oh yeaaaahhhhh" LOL
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • I go back and forth. This is #3 so I'm seasoned at this newborn thing, it's the mobile stage I'm fearing already!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It has been 11 years since I had a baby. I'm having nightly freak outs.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• I go back and forth. Sometimes I feel so prepared. And other times I am freaking out
    This is me!
  • FARRRRR from prepared!!!!
  • I kind of feel like.. if I could do it four years ago for the first time, I can do it now that I'm older and experienced.  Even if I do realize I've forgotten most things.  Right now I'm more concerned with DD and how she's going to handle it, and how I'll handle having two kids.  That's the unknown that worries me.  I know it'll all be fine, I just want to have this baby so I don't have to wonder anymore!
    DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
  • I posted earlier today about feeling like it is crazy this baby could come any time now!  I am starting to freak out!!  I do not feel ready at all right now.  We have things set up but still need to finish up some stuff, I have an exam this week and next week and I am just not ready for her to come yet.  I remember crying about how it was so much easier when she was still inside me because I didn't have to worry that she was eating enough and she was always content.  Those early weeks can be so brutal!  I am not sure I am ready for this to happen yet.  But, ready or not here they come!!!

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I don't feel prepared, but I'm so eager to meet her I don't care!!
    pregnancy
  • My only other child will be 11 tomorrow.  So I definitely feel like I'm a FTM at times.  It has been a long time since I have had a newborn.  I'm due Saturday and yesterday I was driving home and suddenly I was like, "holy shit I'm having a baby," lol.   

• I still can't wrap my head around NOT being pregnant anymore. I feel like I've been pregnant for 25 years. 

• tashad18 said:

My only other child will be 11 tomorrow.  So I definitely feel like I'm a FTM at times.  It has been a long time since I have had a newborn.  I'm due Saturday and yesterday I was driving home and suddenly I was like, "holy shit I'm having a baby," lol.   

That is me every night laying in bed. DS turns 12 in December, and everything has changed.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"