Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC after Mirena IUD

Anyone have advice on TTC after have mirena removed? My Dr said we can try immediately, but I have read about a lot of losses early on after removal. Curious if anyone has experience with Mirena??

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
image  image

Re: TTC after Mirena IUD

• No great advice, but can share my personal experience.  With DD#2, I got pregnant after approx. 3 months after getting it removed.  No issues at all.  Started trying right away (but not super seriously), took 3 months. 

Good luck!
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I just had mine removed this past week. Hoping for no issues :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • I has mine removed mid August. Cycles seem normal so far!

Lil' P Est. Oct '2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here we grow again!
    ETA: August 14, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker

• ALHickok1ALHickok1 member
    edited September 2013
    I had mine removed on September 9th, and the hubby and I started trying right away. My doctor gave me the heads up to start trying. I have heard of a lot of women having a loss early after a removal, but at the same time I have also heard of a lot of women getting pregnant right away and carrying a full term healthy baby. I've also heard that some women get pregnant right away, while others it takes a year. As long as the doctor says its ok and have no issues, neither do we. We do know there are risks, but there always are. After being on the bump I've realized that losses are sadly much more frequent than any of us hear about, I feel that I have just as much of a risk with or without ever having the Mirena.
    April's TTGP Siggy Challenge: Favorite Superhero
    SuperMan!
  • My OB asked us to wait until after my first real AF.  The bleeding I had after removal was insane, way heavier than PP with DD.  That said I had no bleeding for almost 2 years while on the IUD so it was 2 years worth of lining.  I'm glad we waited because my first AF was crazy light and I wonder if there would have been sufficient lining.  Just my experience.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had mine removed in July. We started TTC right away. My cycles have been irregular. First on like 46 days. Next one 26 days. Currently on CD 21 not sure if I O'd yet. I am hoping I will start to regulate or get a BFP! Best of luck!
    BFP 11/10/13 due July 20th, 2014
    TTC #2 July 2013
    DS #1 8/12/2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've had a mirena twice. When I got my first one out, I got a bfp two weeks later. We were shocked to say the least, and were not planning on a baby that soon haha. I got my second one taken out 5 months ago and we started trying right away. Still nothing. Anything can happen! Good luck:)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I had mine removed in May.  My dr advised waiting month or 2 because your lining can be thin.  We decided to use condoms the first month.  I had some light spotting a few days after removal and started charting.  I ovulated that first cycle and have had normal cycles ever since.  We are now starting cycle 5. 

• chaci said:

I got my second one taken out 5 months ago and we started trying right away. Still nothing. 

I had to giggle at this, because your siggy says you're 72 weeks pregnant  :)

I know, I know. I can never get on a computer to fix it!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I had mine removed on May 14th.  I sat out my first cycle which was longer than usual and we started trying in July.  I got pregnant in August.  So far so good.  Good luck!
    DS1 ~ BFP - 1/29/10  EDD 10/9/10  Born 9/27/10!
    DS2 ~ BFP - 8/26/13  EDD 5/8/14  Born 5/1/2014!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I had mine removed mid July, and my Dr. said we can start trying right away, according to her the only benefit to waiting until after your first period is dating the pregnancy. I did not have my period while the Mirena was in, so I had no way to know where in my cycle I was. After my first AF I was able to start charting. 

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"