1st Trimester

Dr. Confirmation?

Hi Ladies- This is my first post in 1st Tri, I got my first BFP this morning! :) My question is, when do I get my pregnancy confirmed by my Dr? I know you don't typically go for your first official appt until 8-10 weeks but what about confirmation? I' m thinking I will call my Dr. today? Any thoughts? I will officially intro myself when pregnancy is confirmed...hopefully soon! :) TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Dr. Confirmation?

• At your appt at 8-10 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well my general practitioner wanted me to potty in a cup to confirm, but my Obgyn already had ordered it confirmed by a blood test. I suppose it depends on your Dr, and your situation. Still regardless, treat yourself as if you are pregnant. Start taking prenatal vitamins if you haven't already, focus on plenty of folic acid, and stop all possible bad habits you may have done in the past. :)  

Congratulations and have lots of fun!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker 

November Siggy Challenge
    Christmas Story
    May 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • I called my Dr the Monday after my BFP.  The office scheduled me for that week and the Dr had me pee in a cup, and then scheduled bloodwork for hormone levels.  I've even had my 1st u/s for confirmation/dating/viability last week (only saw gestational sack & yolk sack).  Scheduled to go back Tuesday for 2nd u/s (hoping to see/hear hb).  

As reading TB boards, I know this is not the norm.  I think my Dr. is trying to get a lot of the early pregnancy testing done in his office, since his no longer delivers babies.  He will then have to send me to a new OB/GYN.  

Congratulations & enjoy!  

photo 547272ca-2f78-4a6c-88ce-0afe6fc98419_zps05f67081.jpg
    BFP#1 9/14/2013  ||  EDD 5/25/2014  ||  mmc discovered on 11/1/2013  ||  d&c on 11/6/2013
    BFP#2 12/8/2014  ||  EDD 8/19/2015 || please be our RAINBOW
    **All Welcome**

• I peed on a stick, got a positive, called the doctor and they told me to come in for my routine appointment at 11w3d. 

If you don't get your period and get a positive home pregnancy test, you're pregnant. Congrats!
  • I called the day I got my positive and they scheduled me for what would be one week from my missed period. 

It's a BOY

• Depends on the doc.  I called when I got my BFP and they then scheduled me for a blood test 2 weeks later and an ultrasound a month later.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My doc said congrats on the BFP, we'll see you between 8 and 10 weeks. 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• maelic said:
    I peed on a stick, got a positive, called the doctor and they told me to come in for my routine appointment at 11w3d. 

If you don't get your period and get a positive home pregnancy test, you're pregnant. Congrats!
    This! Congrats!
    The Fight  Against Boredomimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been seeing an RE and he did two sets of bloodwork 36 hours apart to check my hcg, progesterone and estrogen levels about a week and a half ago when I first found out.
    Today I went and had the same blood work drawn and had my first ultrasound at 5 weeks 3 days. He confirmed the pregnancy because he saw the yolk sac. When they handed me the pictures I became so emotional and started to cry!
    I have to go back in 9d for another ultrasound and another check of my levels and back another 9 days after that for a repeat. Then I will "graduate" and be able to see my OB-GYN
  • car seat said:
    akifyre said:
    Well my general practitioner wanted me to potty in a cup to confirm, but my Obgyn already had ordered it confirmed by a blood test. I suppose it depends on your Dr, and your situation. Still regardless, treat yourself as if you are pregnant. Start taking prenatal vitamins if you haven't already, focus on plenty of folic acid, and stop all possible bad habits you may have done in the past. :)  

Congratulations and have lots of fun!

:-w

"Raj: He takes the kitty to the potty?

Howard: I thought we discussed the P-word.

Raj: Don’t try to change me, dude. I am what I am.

Raj: Potty is innocent. Potty is adorable."

I was trying a little homage to my favorite show. :D

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker 

November Siggy Challenge
    Christmas Story
    May 2014
  • It depends on the policy of the office you go to.
    My office has you come in to take a pee test before you can make your first appointment.
  • I called my office the day after my BFP.  They took my info, LMP date, and set an apt up for when I'm 9 weeks.  The confirmation is me getting multiple positives at home!

imageimage

Baby #1 due June 5th, 2014

• I did a urine test with my GP in order to get referred to an OBGYN.   Some doctors do this, some don't.  It may also depend on your insurance.  Some people do their first appointment with their GP, and some do it with their OB.  My OB typically does the first appointment at about 10-12 weeks.
    imageDSC_9275  image

• My doctor had me come in for a pregnancy test just at the lab. The next appointment was between 8-10 weeks.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• HPT are reliable. You do not need confirmation & not all doctors do it. Mine is satisfied with a positive HPT. Then you schedule for a dating ultrasound by 6 to 8 weeks based on LMP.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I had no "official" confirmation. Got a positive HPT and called to schedule my first appointment at 8w5d.

• Same for both my last pregnancy and this one.  Got BFP, called doctor, scheduled me right away to come in and pee in a cup and take blood, give me prenatal prescription and schedule me for a dating u/s.  Depends on the doctor though.

• MamaBovsMamaBovs member
    edited October 2013
    10 week appt for me.  No blood test or ultrasound.
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I went to my doctor the day after my BFP. He sent me for all my pregnancy bloods and HIV, Rubella, Hep B and C, Syphilis, Blood type, Antibodies and blood cross match tests. Then had my dating scan at 6 weeks 4 days and go back for a follow up scan at 8 weeks. From there I have my 12 weeks NS scan and then meet with the midwife between 14-16 weeks. Another scan at 16 weeks then 20 weeks. I'm doing shared care with my GP and public hospital and that's pretty much the process here. (I'm in Australia)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I spoke with my OB/GYN yesterday and they said a positive pee test is a positive pee test. It doesn't matter if you take it at home or come into the office. I have an appt. on Oct. 24 to go in and talk about finances/insurance with their billing ppl. Nov. 11 is my first appt. with the Dr. She said I will get an exam, get blood work done and have an u/s. I am really excited but am trying to remain realistic, I am so early in this pregnancy and I know things can happen. Fingers crossed! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • maelic said:
    I peed on a stick, got a positive, called the doctor and they told me to come in for my routine appointment at 11w3d. 

This

I haven't talked to my DOC with this BFP, but the last one he said basically the same thing, to call and make an appt. for 8 weeks.

- Married October 27, 2007 - TTC since June 2013 -
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"