Smell of poop! — The Bump

Smell of poop!

Everywhere I read it says EBF babies should have yellow/seedy sweet smelling poop. I can't say my LO has ever had good smelling poop. Has anyone else felt like this?! After all, poop is waste so why should it smell good!

Re: Smell of poop!

  • I hear you - DS' poo stinks.  My nieces were each EBF for 6 months (well, niece #2 is only 5 months, but still EBF), and DS's dirty diapers were definitely worse smelling than either of theirs.  Ick.  My experience (which I'd take with a grain of salt, since it's totally not scientifically based) is poo just stinks, regardless of EBF or FF or BM+solids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 98% of the time DD's poop doesn't smell offensive. It does have a sweetness to the odor, but it's not an 'attractive' smell either ;) Then there is the other 2% where it just stinks! I have no idea why the fluctuation in smell. I will say that it is always better smelling than FF babies!
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

    FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Loading the player...
  • My kids BF poop has always smelled sort of like a gross version of microwave buttered popcorn.

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    [Deleted User]
  • I miss that smell.... it gets SO much worse!
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards