May 2013 Moms

NBR: ready to punt the pooch

RoxZ32RoxZ32 member
edited September 2013 in May 2013 Moms
My little dog has acted up since the arrival of L and had decided to pee in random spots in my family room. My husband has cleaned the carpets twice and she keeps doing it. She doesn't do it when I'm around and I can't see the spots but when I'm sitting on the ground I can smell it. We have tried vinegar and even a solution used to clean up dead bodies. (Yes... It actually said that on the bottle - creepy) I understand that I'll never 100% get rid of the scent as I'm sure it's soaked into the padding now. But I'm hoping that some of you ladies have dealt with this and have found SOMETHING that helps. It's grossing me out and I also want to be able to put L on the ground without finding a blanket first every time. I think I'm going to have to put a diaper on my pup too because I'm fresh out of ideas. Any ideas? (other than getting rid of my dog!)

ETA that I almost didn't post this question for fear of you ladies thinking we live in gross conditions - we don't! I just have a pain in the ass for a pet.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NBR: ready to punt the pooch

• Thanks, I'll try it asap! I should have asked this question an hour ago - I just back from there.

• Awesome- If must be good if it can work against cat pee!!

• Loading the player...
  • Love Beaubecca's advice.
    Also, have you asked the vet? Is it possible she's developed a medical condition?

I put G on a blanket every time regardless, because who knows what the dog tracks in on his paws, and us with our shoes. I tried to go to a shoe-free house but I can't get H on board. So blankets it is!
  • Ugh Im sorry you are dealing with this and I second asking the vet. Also, have either of you witnessed her peeing on the carpet? If not, are you sure the smell isn't coming out of the carpet from and old mess of some kind?

Also, we dont have pets and its a shoe free house and we still use blankets on the floor :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I third the vet.  My cat started doing that and it turned she had a UTI
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• We had a few mishaps with our dog last year (we talked to the vet and he had an UTI). He had an accident on our bed and we tried this:

It worked really well for us! Not sure what color your carpet is - but you may have to watch out for discoloring.

Good luck!
  • jayro10jayro10 member
    edited September 2013
    I second Natures Miracle! I don't have a dog, but I have a cat (the little bia in my avatar) who absolutely loses her mind when she has to go in the cat carrier and the car. So she's never peed or pooped anywhere other than her litter box, like a good kitty should, but once when I had to take her in the car she lost her shit-- literally and figuratively-- and also lost her pee and sprayed it out of the carrier and on to the front seat of my car. The smell of cat pee is no joke! And in a car on a hot day? Barf! So I had tried a couple things that didn't work when I found Natures Miracle. That was the only thing that got rid of the smell for good!

ETA I love my cat but I call her a bia because she bites me on a daily basis. But she's real sweet to LO. Also Natures Miracle is pricey but it is worth it, IMO.
  • Thanks for the product tips! I will try any suggestions!

@mommatotwo2 Yes, I have witnessed it before plus I know it's not an old mess because it's new carpet. Which is why this is ticking me off even more!

@kmcd23 & @mrsRKJ I'm 99.9% sure it's not a medical condition. She's just a destructive dog. I failed to mention that she's also eaten all my wooden blinds in the house. I'm amazed I still love her so much lol

• Growing up we used Spot Shot. It took out staina and the smell when the cat/dog had an accident in the house.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Crate training? When does it happen? Just randomly?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we've used nature's miracle before too and it worked really well for us. We used the orange scented one haha.

just out of curiousity, how old is your dog? I'm thinking maybe she's marking her territory (I know only boy dogs are supposed to do that, but I swear up and down my girl dog does) and as for the whole destructive thing, if she's still a puppy they tend to tear things up all the time. Also if she's bored or mad at you that happens too. One of our dogs will almost always find something to get into if we come home then leave again because she gets mad at us for leaving. She's fine if we leave for the day to go to work, but if we come home and then leave again say to get dinner, if we don't put everything she could possibly get into away she'll find it an destroy it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"