Infertility
Options

Zinc

HI! I'm going to the preface this by saying that I'm SO nervous about the chance of spiking a fever while stimming. My RE basically said that if I do, I will be cancelled. I work in a school, with 4th graders (germy little boogers!).

My BIL is a scientist and he told me that I should look into taking Zinc losanges daily. Did anyone take Zinc while cycling? Any idea if it is safe? I will be calling my RE about this, but I'm just looking for some of your input since you ladies are SO knowledgable!

TTC since May 2012
Me: 32 H: 31
DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
ET delayed due to OHSS 
FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!

Re: Zinc

• Options
    No advice but I hope it doesn't happen. ::praying::
  • Options

Thanks, ladies!!!

I'm definitely going to ask before I start taking them then, thosethree!

Has anyone else's RE mentioned that they will cancel a whole cycle because of a fever? I swear, this is the thing I'm the most nervous about!

TTC since May 2012
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ThoseThreeWords I could totally be!! I think I just want to get on with the show. I'm always worried about getting sick, and it freaked me out when RE said fever = cancelled! I'm more so worried that we will start stims, and I'll be close to ER and spike a fever and get cancelled. SO many scary variables.
    TTC since May 2012
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Options
    I'm keeping my FX that you get started.  I think you'll feel better once you start the stims and things are moving forward.
    But keep those little germ factories you work with at arm's length ;)
    Thanks so much, girl! I really appreciate your thoughts and kind words!
    TTC since May 2012
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Options
    Yikes! My RE hasn't said anything about canceling in the event of a fever to me. I am an elementary band director... there's spit galore down here (gross!). I don't know if I have developed an immunity over the years, but I try to drink lots of water and wash my hands often. Also spray/wipe down door knobs, keyboards, light switches regularly. Good luck!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"