May 2014 Moms
Options

Been dealing with some brutal allergies and congestion. Perhaps my concoction can help you.

PikaPikaChickPikaPikaChick member
edited September 2013 in May 2014 Moms
Husband and I have this horrible plague.  While he gleefully downs Mucinex for relief, I've been forced to come up with an alternative remedy.
1 teabag or loose equivalent (black will work, green is good, but Peach Sleepytime tea from Celestial Seasonings tastes the best)
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger or 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1/4 squeezed lemon or lime (drop in the squeezed fruit to steep the oils out of the rind)
1 Tbsp or more honey
2 cups water

Steep 5 minutes, remove teabag and citrus, and drink hot.  For the non-pregnant, an added shot of whiskey or scotch is excellent for colds and congestion.  A teaspoon of clear fiber supplement also helps with the pregnant poop issues.
Professional Thread Killer

Re: Been dealing with some brutal allergies and congestion. Perhaps my concoction can help you.

• Options
    Pretty sure you can take the plain mucinex while pregnant. Just make sure you don't get the d or dm.
    Together since 2/4/05 :: Married since 10/6/12
    Parents to a furbaby named Moosey
    BFP: 8/20/13   EDD: 5/2/14
  • Options
    Thank you!!! I will certainly be giving it a shot!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been doing nasal rinses but have received little relief. I pretty much have a headache every day. Nice steamy showers have been my best bet so far
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"