November 2013 Moms
Options

Why does pregnancy make family members crazy?!

Ever since I've been pregnant, my family has been super rude to me. My mom refuses to give me any sort of advice, I've completely cut off ties with my dad because he threatened me, and everyone doesn't talk to me because they don't agree with my parenting choices. My in laws are treating me a million times better than my own blood! Wtf? Has anyone had to cut ties with family members because it was just getting too intense?

Re: Why does pregnancy make family members crazy?!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There are still a few people who have been giving me good advice on here :) that's why I'm still here!
  • Options
    This was weeks ago! Why am I still being harassed about it? I have made a few posts since then and no one has said a word to me until now?
  • Options

paismama said:
    This was weeks ago! Why am I still being harassed about it? I have made a few posts since then and no one has said a word to me until now?
    Harassed? I asked why and pointed out a fact. I'd barely call that harassment. Here on TheBump, we tend to side-eye people who GBCB and come back. If you still want to stick around, I'd delete your account and start over, as this username is tainted. Oh, and try not to sully the username with the same mistakes.
  • Options
    Do you guys make it a point to find a fault in someone and never let it go? I clearly realized I was being over dramatic in that post weeks ago and stopped talking. I obviously do need support since my family is treating me terribly and my husband is gone. I don't have anyone else and I wrote this because I genuinely needed advice. I didn't think I was going to be picked on.
  • Options
    paismama said:
    Do you guys make it a point to find a fault in someone and never let it go? I clearly realized I was being over dramatic in that post weeks ago and stopped talking. I obviously do need support since my family is treating me terribly and my husband is gone. I don't have anyone else and I wrote this because I genuinely needed advice. I didn't think I was going to be picked on.
    I'm not picking on you, this is not elementary school. I'm just pointing out the facts, and gave you advice on how to continue on with TB. Yes it sucks your family isn't supporting you, but I'd rather them tell me what's up than just plain ignore me, because that's what my family has done. Good thing I do have a good relationship with my IL's, and it seems you do too.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes Ashley, I do give support to other women when I can! I'm a FTM so I don't have many answers but where I can give advice or tell someone that I've experienced the same thing I do!
  • Options
    On the few posts I do comment on I am offering my advice and support. But I'm not on here all day every day. I can't comment on every single post. I comment where and when I can. I realize you still feel angry with me over something that I said a long time ago, but I would love the benefit of the doubt just this once. I do help others where I can, and none of the comments on this post helped me, they only hurt me. The ladies in this group offer great advice and I was hoping someone was going through what I am and I'd still love to hear from someone who is. I am under a lot of stress and have major anxiety issues that I need to fix within myself and I sometimes overreact to situations instead of responding, which is what I did on my post weeks ago. Name calling wasn't appropriate and I didn't act like an adult at all. Sometimes pregnancy hormones get the best of me and I didn't give myself time to calm down before saying anything. My sincerest apologies.
  • Options
    paismama said:
    Yes Ashley, I do give support to other women when I can! I'm a FTM so I don't have many answers but where I can give advice or tell someone that I've experienced the same thing I do!
    You don't, though. 

Check your posting history (it lists it all out for everyone to see). I'm a FTM too but I can still offer ((hugs)) or thoughts and prayers and lend support. And not every issue is pregnancy related. We have different experiences and can lend support in different ways. You haven't done that here. 
    This.  Support can be a simple "thoughts and prayers" or "hope everything is ok" or "hugs".  That's what support is.  Like PP said, not everything is baby related.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Options
    You're right. Like I said I'm not on here very often. And when I am I'm not on long enough to comment on everything. I do 'like' posts regarding new babies and such. I will try to be more active.
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm honestly begging you to stop now. I do have a few extra hours before anything is going on today, and I'm taking the time to comment on other posts as well. Can this be left alone now? Please!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"