February 2014 Moms

DH Debate

So thanks to a previous post, I had to have pancakes for supper cause that was all I could think about. This lead to a debate with my DH on the proper way to eat pancakes. I pose this to you ladies and your wisdom, should the syrup be hot or room temperature?

Re: DH Debate

• I always do room temperature because the heat from the pancake will warm it up.

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• I say real maple syrup should be hot. Store bought syrup, room temp is fine

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Loading the player...
  • I always do cold out of the fridge.  I never really thought about warming it up.
  • which ever way gets me my pancakes quicker!!! mmmm :x
  • I like it warm. IHOP always serves it warm and it's soooo good.
    imageimage

• Hot. But other than IHOP, it's usually just room temp. And cold- eww. That's just wrong.

• I'm the weirdo who doesn't like syrup on her pancakes. Give them to me dry, please

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • ziggy903 said:

I'm the weirdo who doesn't like syrup on her pancakes. Give them to me dry, please

Me too! Sometimes like once a year I will be in the mood for syrup (store bought) and it's room temperature.

The question also is how do you pronounce syrup? I say "sear-up" but some people I've heard say "sir-up".

• I like the fake and I like it hot! You can get bottles of fake that you can nuke
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IVF#1 - BFP 6/18/13 - Tommy born sleeping 10/1/13

IVF#2 - BFN

IVF#3 - BFP 6/5/14 EDD 2/14/15 TWIN BOYS  - MATTHEW AND TIMOTHY ARRIVE 12/2/14

• Peanut butter and hot syrup
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • As a Canadian, I know a few things about fresh maple syrup. (LOL) In my books, maple syrup should be used at room temperature, because the waffles or pancakes (or sausages or bacon or everything else, because maple syrup is the ultimate condiment) will heat it up. If you warm it up too much before-hand, it'll be too runny. That's no fun. But if you slap it on cold, it'll be too gooey and possibly make your food cold. That's no fun either. 

(**pro tip: dipping meats or something into maple syrup? Put it in a shot glass for maximum syrup dippin' coverage.) 
  • ::puts on flame retardant suit::

I don't like pancakes or waffles.

imageimage
  • megash113 said:
    Ooh I thought of something I will put on pancakes! Apple sauce! Waaay better than syrup.
    mmmm apple butter on pancakes.
    mmmmmm apple butter on ANYTHING

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • inge89 said:

ziggy903 said:

I'm the weirdo who doesn't like syrup on her pancakes. Give them to me dry, please

Me too! Sometimes like once a year I will be in the mood for syrup (store bought) and it's room temperature.

The question also is how do you pronounce syrup? I say "sear-up" but some people I've heard say "sir-up".

It would be the former, sear-up. Sir-up is hilarious and makes me think of lil'wayne when I hear it.

Also, real maple syrup should be served at room temperature and stored in your cupboard.
    I live within driving distance of the heart of maple syrup land, excuse me for being passionately black and white about maple syrup issues.
    LOL just call me "tha carter" cause i call it SirUp :D
  • Canadian here, and I take my sear-up right out of the fridge for those pancake bad boys!! Yummers !

Another love ... maple butter on pancakes ... and now I NEED maple butter !

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hot!  The only time I don't do hot syrup is if DS only is having a waffle for breakfast because it's so little to take the time to heat up and is waffle needs to cool down a little.

PS: REAL maple syrup is the only way to go.

• jdubhjdubh member
    edited September 2013
    I love peanut butter with HOT CANE SYRUP :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ziggy903 said:
    Me too!

• We'll I'm so glad to know I'm not the only "weirdo" who likes her sear-up hot! I can't wait to ever so nicely, HA, inform my DH of this! Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"