December 2013 Moms
Options

Stroller travel system, conflicted

I was totally set on the Britax B Agile B Safe, but the cost of this, plus an extra base, plus you have to buy all the accessories..... This all seems to be adding up to way more than we thought. My 2nd choice was the Graco Snugride Stylus Travel system.... I have heard good things and it is much more affordable. I wouldn't have to buy extra accessories. Is the Britax really worth the extra money if we are strapped financially? Advice needed!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stroller travel system, conflicted

• Options
    We could swing the Britax, but it would be tight. I think we might just go with the Graco. I liked the Britax the best, but I think it's just too much more.
  • Options
    Marchmellow2Marchmellow2 member
    edited September 2013
    I personally think it is worth the extra money. I got mine yesterday. I love it because it's so light. It seems like 10 x lighter weight than other strollers. The attachments are only $15 extra each. If you decide to get the Britax travel system, buy it from amazon for $299 versus BRU or Target

Eta: the only attachment I got so far is the cup holder/organizer thing that hangs from the handle bars so I have a place to put my phone and water.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited September 2013
    We used britax b agile/b safe with my first daughter... we use one car 95% of the time, so the one base sufficed.  (You can still use the seat without a base safely.)  On amazon the carseat, stroller, and one base are currently listed for 300 bucks, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it lower than that in the past. 

The only accessory I bought was the snack tray, which really wasn't necessary, except it keeps my dog from getting in the baby's face when I take them for a walk together. 

For me it was worth it because the one stroller met all of my needs.  It only weighs 14 lbs, so I never even had to spend an extra 20 bucks on an umbrella stroller.  I'd make an amazon registry for yourself, and then buy it with a registry completion discount for under 300.

ETA:

https://www.amazon.com/Britax-B-Agile-B-Safe-Travel-System/dp/B00DHINGK8/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380479812&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=b+agile+b+saf

https://www.albeebaby.com/britax-b-agile-b-safe-travel-system-black.html
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I'm happy to hear its on Amazon for 299! That puts it back in the running! Yay
  • Options
    I got the Chicco travel system with a double stroller because I have twins. If I had had a singleton the first time around I would have probably gotten te Chicco and the BOB. Good luck, I never checked out the britex infant carrier but I do have the britex convertibles.
  • Options
    We got the Graco Snugride travel system (Metrolite stroller). If I had it to do again, I would have just bought a snap and go for the carrier, then jumped to an umbrella stroller. DS didn't like the Metrolite stroller (it inclined too much and wouldn't be upright enough), so we ended up getting him an umbrella stroller and stopped using the travel system.

• Options
    I love britax all of the products are worth the extra money I will say that you can cross match the prices so if it's on amazon.com for 299$ for the britax travel system bru and bbb will match that price and sell it to you for that price but you can't use coupons along with the price match.....
  • Options
    The Britax stroller wasn't around when I bought my stroller. We registered for the Chicco carseat with the Snap-n-go and bought a nicer umbrella stroller.
  • Options
    we got the Graco FastAction Fold Sport Click Connect travel system, that comes with the Snugride click connect carseat & the stroller, which is the kind that has only one wheel in the front, which I love!!  Test driving it around the store it was so easily maneuverable, & it's super light too, I think we will really like it.  
  • Options
    We went to babiesrus to try out the Chicco and britax in person to see which we liked better. We ended up walking towards the register with the Chicco and passed the graco modes travel system and ended up with that instead. It was only 400 for the car seat and stroller. I definitely suggest trying them out in person to see what works for you.

This is exactly what happened with us. The reviews were great for the modes system plus it was the lighter and easier to fold then I expected and came with all the accessories already. I used a 20% bru coupon and saved $60 too!
  • Options
    Lurking:
    My older two I had Graco, with this one I bought Britax.  I love, love, love the britax car seat.  She still would fit, but after traveling all summer (live in Florida, went home to Canada, from Canada we headed to Italy, from Italy back to Canada, and then back to Florida).  We switched her at five days after her first birthday.  She weighing 19 pounds and six ounces and being just over 27 inches tall, she still fit amazingly well.  It is easy to use, where I found the Graco a bit harder.
  • Options
    We have gone for the Chicco Lite Way Plus Travel System. It is beautiful. 
  • Options
    We got the Chicco keyfit travel system.  Honestly we found it at Babies R Us on sale with a coupon of 20% off and it was still over $250 with only one base.  I kept looking for consignment sales in the area and stumbled upon Just Between Friends consignment sale. I got the exact Chicco Keyfit travel system plus and extra base (normally 84.99) all for $175.00.  I would look into consignment sales in the area if you are strapped for money.  I know I like to save when I can. 

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"