February 2014 Moms

Dress me!

Hey, Ladies...

I just ordered this dress for a wedding in October:  https://www.simplybe.com/maternity/maternity-wrap-front-dress/invt/rf180el/

It's in Chicagoland, so it's likely to be chilly.  I have a nice navy shrug with some sparklies on the shoulder that I think I'll wear with it. But what should I do about my legs?  I can't go bare, because I will freeze to death.  I'm thinking tights and heels would be kind of cool.  But what colors?  

The dress is out of my wheelhouse a bit, with that mustardy yellow color and the big pattern.  I'm okay with it, but not sure what color tights to wear.  And what shoes?  Black patent heels?  Black knee high pointy toe boots?  Tortoiseshell peep toe wedges?  HOLP MEEE!

Re: Dress me!

• SgrRay929 said:
    ... I personally wouldn't wear knee-high boots to a wedding...
    Yeah, me neither, really.  I threw that one out there, but my gut knows it's too casual.  My family's and social circle's Chicagoland weddings aren't typically very casual affairs.  Not necessarily black tie, but definitely something to dress up for.  The boots are probably not right (but they would certainly be warm!)  

• Cute dress! I would go with black all the way down. I personally love wearing my black calf-height boots with dresses but they are high heel and on the dressier side. Depending on how big you will be, I don't think people would judge if you didn't wear heels.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I like black tights with black boots or black pumps, But in that case I would probably go with a black shrug. If you're set on the Navy you could try chocolate tights with the tortoiseshell pumps :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  If you're set on the Navy you could try chocolate tights with the tortoiseshell pumps :)
    I'm not totally married to the idea of the navy, but it's what I already own.  I hadn't thought of chocolate tights.  Hmmm...that would work well into the rest of my fall wardrobe.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"