Preemies

NICU mom meltdown-update

I want to thank all of you for your kind words and wonderful advice. My milk supply is pretty much gone and I'm ok with it now. baby girl is 33 weeks 1 day as of today and has not been gaining the weight she needs to on the donor milk even with it being fortified. So today she starts formula. All the support has really made a difference and now I'm just excited for her to start gaining the weight she needs to. My husband is happy to start the formula because when I go back to work he can just whip up a bottle. We have decided that I'm going to continue to work on breastfeeding with her. The nurses have all said even a drop could make a difference so they are waiting to start her on bottles till 34 weeks to allow me time to hopefully get her to latch so we can do both. Even if I can never fully EBF her, if I can at least maybe get in one feeding a day from me, that would be huge. Thank you all! You are all wonderful and to the mommies with babies still in the NICU hang in there! We are all in this together and that is a comfort.

January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails:

imageimage
  imageimage

Re: NICU mom meltdown-update

• Its a journey of ups and downs. I am happy to read you are holding your spirits high. I wish you and your family health and happiness
  • Glad to hear you're feeling better!

I started bcp and my supply dropped pretty bad. I quit the pill and have started reglan. My supply picked up and were just supplementing with formula. Like the nurse said, every little bit helps. If it drops again though, I'm done.
  • Loading the player...
  • So happy it sounds like you're in a good place!
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Good luck! My daughter was on both formula and breastmilk in the NICU (1/3 formula, 2/3 feeds fortified BM) and she was able to gain weight. 
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • I'm glad you are feeling better! We just have to do what works best for us at the time!
  • I'm glad you've got a good team that is working with you!

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"