September 2013 Moms
Options

Poop frequency at 3 weeks

I should know this but I can't remember or find a definite answer online. When is it normal for infants to poop less frequently?

DD is EBF and was three weeks old on Wednesday so 25 days old now. For the past two days she has only pooped two times each day. Before that it was pretty much every time I nursed her. I seem to recall DS kept pooping at every feeding for much longer than 3 weeks. Am I right? Anybody else have a LO who has slowed down on the pooping already?
DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13

Re: Poop frequency at 3 weeks

• Options
    Our LO is 17 days old and she's slowed down. If I remember correctly from the info from the hospital they should be having 2-3 a day. I'll try and look at the papers tomorrow if you don't get a definate answer before then.
  • Options
    Every baby is different. Our LO will be three weeks tomorrow but we typically only get one dirty diaper a day, sometimes two. Our pediatrician said as long as we are getting 7+ wet diapers a day it's fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine slowed down at just shy of 2 weeks. Luckily it was right after our first Dr appt because I would have been worried
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's supposed to slow down? Tell that to my little poop machine!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    redfallonredfallon member
    edited September 2013
    Mine is about every other day. She's BF & FF.

Edit: Will be 3 weeks tomorrow.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Jealous of those of you whose kiddos have slowed down on the poops.  My DD is 4 weeks and still pretty much pooping after every feeding . . .
    Anniversary

• Options
    My baby is almost 3 weeks and she has slowed down big time with pooping. It's been once or twice a day now and it's completely normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! DS is only 2.5 but sometimes it feels like it has been a long time since I did this newborn thing!
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options
    So jealous of you mamas who only have 1 or 2 poops a day. DS is over two weeks old and I can only recall one or two diapers in his life that haven't been poopy! With that said, my pedi mentioned that some babies can go days between poops so as long as you are still getting wet diapers, everything should be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"