July 2013 Moms

Does my baby have a tiny head?(Kinda AW)

MrsWilson2013MrsWilson2013 member
edited September 2013 in July 2013 Moms
I always forget to ask about the head circumference at her appointments, I am always so focused on the height and weight. Well I have this cute 0-3 month sunhat I got at Babies R Us and it is still big on her! She will be 3 months on Wed too! So are the hats big, or is her head small? Here is a pic of her in it yesterday, pause for cuteness!

Edit: And that is armpit level for the straps right?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Does my baby have a tiny head?(Kinda AW)

• None of the hats we got for DD fit her either. It's sad lol. We got tons of floppy hats for her and haven't been able to wear them once. Hopefully they will fit her next spring/summer and not be too small!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Precious!  None of our hats fit our LO either.  At her last appointment she was in the 50 percentile for height and weight but only 10th percentile for head circumference.  The doc wasn't worried at all, and TBH DH has a rather small head too. 

I have all these huge hats and beanies that she doesn't wear, but it's fine with me because I justify that all of her thick, curly hair is doing a good job keeping her warm ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sure you're fine! People have different head sizes :)
  • So cute! Gavin is in the 50th percentile for head circumference and most of these hats are too big on him as well, so I am voting for it being a screw up by the hat makers, lol!
  • she's adorable! I am sure her head size is fine either way or her ped would have said something. do you have other hats you can try? her car seat straps look good to me. that is the number one thing that bothers me in about 90% of carseat pictures. almost no one ever puts them in the right spot.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • She is super cute!!
  • Hats are all big on my dd too! Your straps look perfect and I love that pic with the little smile !
  • Sorry to post and run, DS had Tae Kwon Do this morning and we had to fill out stuff for his next belt promotion test. Thanks for all the compliments, she is my little doll :-) I am sure her head isn't "too small" I was just more or less bummed that i bought this hat that wont fit her right until its the wrong season for it. 
    It was really hard to even find a plain sunhat for her in 0-3 month size let alone score one in a NB size. Is it just me (in my area) or does it seem like most hats and hair accessories are for toddlers?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Li has the smallest head, she's in the 1st percentile. She's almost 2 and is still wearing 0-3 hats.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• DD's head has consistently been in the 80-95% since birth. "Infant" sized floppy hats are huge and fall off, but headbands leave little indentation marks on her scalp. Makes me sad because she is adorable in little headbands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"