Pregnant after a Loss
Options

TMI Warning Anyone else have hemorrhoids? (And some other disgusting things, Sorry in advance)

TMI Warning

Sorry in advance

I *think* I am getting a hemorrhoid. Not positive but pretty sure. I noticed a very small bump developing near my rectum that hurts. What can I use? The pharmacist said I needed to ask my dr. because the way the creams work, it can restrict the blood vessels & we don't want that while pregnant. (Her words, not mine) I also have some itching & am developing a bump near my vagina. Should I just call my OB-GYN to try to get in before the next week? I never had these problems with previous pregnancies so this is new to me. Thanks for any advice.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TMI Warning Anyone else have hemorrhoids? (And some other disgusting things, Sorry in advance)

• Options
    I would call and let you doctor know. I've never had one but I've heard they aren't very pleasant, so I would want to get some relief asap.

TTC since August 2011
    BFP#1 3/16/12 EDD 11/21/12 Delivered 6/1/12 at 15 weeks 2 days
    "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

BFP#2 4/14/13 EDD 12/24/13 Please be our rainbow after the storm!
    Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
    Zaiden Harper was born 12/22/13 at 1:46 am. 9lbs 8oz and 22in
    ~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I got them when I was pushing my daughter out from pushing so hard.  I got them bad, and I still have them :(  I think I might need to get them tied off or something because I have had them for two years now and nothing works.  I think in your case as long as your doc oks it you can use Prep H and witch hazel pads to relieve the discomfort. 

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. It happens. Try not to get constipated because it makes them so much worse. Lots of water and fiber. Also, the bump on your vagina sounds like a possible varicose vein. They hurt but are pretty harmless. Hang in there and ask your doctor for some hydrocortisone.

• Options
    Thanks for the quick response's everyone so far. I am going to call the dr. in the morning. Can hemorrhoids be stress related? I am under a tremendous amount of stress (the "we may have no where to live soon" kind of stress) & these things popped up. I hope the dr. has some good ideas. @rsigler, I am sorry to hear about you maybe needing to have surgery to remove yours. That sounds really bad to have to go thru. @Marcilene1, I hope you are able to get some relief soon. 2 years is a long time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In addition to what everyone else said, I'd also put cold packs down there for temporary relief. So sorry you have these. They're horrible.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Options
    I got them when I was pushing my daughter out from pushing so hard.  I got them bad, and I still have them :(  I think I might need to get them tied off or something because I have had them for two years now and nothing works.  I think in your case as long as your doc oks it you can use Prep H and witch hazel pads to relieve the discomfort. 
    This happened to me as well. I have them so bad that I bleed a little every time I use the bathroom now. Dr. ok Prep H for me as well as stool softeners. I may see if surgery after delivery is an option for me too. Good luck OP I hope you can get some relief soon!
  • Options

I agree with PP.  Witch hazel and Prep H as long as your Dr approves are my suggestions. 

Also, make your bathroom trips quick.  No reading in the bathroom.  If nothing is coming out, don't try to make it.  Get up, walk around a little and then come back.  Straining or trying to make it happen will only make it worse.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Pad-sicles. Get a maxi pad and put witch hazel on it, then stick it in the freezer. In a pinch, when hemorrhoids flare, pull one out and the cold will provide some relief while the witch hazel goes to work. Or epsom salt baths. Or tucks. My best friend had horrendous hemorrhoids during her pregnancy- she had to have them lanced! because they became thrombosed (do NOT look that up, for your own sanity). In addition, as PP's said, stay ahead of the constipation and straining with tons of fiber and water. That's really all you can do. Good luck!

BabyName Tickerimage  BabyFruit Ticker  
    DD born 2/3/03
    BFP 3/21/13 w/ EDD 12/02/13, C/P 3/29/13.
    BFP 9/18/13 w/ EDD 5/26/14,
    Beta #1 @ 14-16dpo = 375, progesterone 33.6
    Beta #2 @ 20-22 dpo = 8,782!
    Beta #3 @ 27-29dpo = 44,230, dx subchorionic hemorrhage/ threatened mc
    Beta #4 @ 29-31dpo = 72, 080 :)
    Grow, little one, grow!

***** All  AL  Welcome *****

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"