July 2013 Moms
Options

First cold :(

DD did not sleep well last night and woke up this morning with a congested nose and cough. She's slept a lot today but not gonna lie slightly nervous about how tonight will go. I'm afraid she'll stop breathing or something! I hate hearing her struggle. For those of you having dealt with baby colds, how long do they usually last?

Re: First cold :(

• Options
    I think DD's lasted about a week. The really stuffy nose was only bad for a few days. We gave her saline drops and used the humidifier. I only used the asperator(sp?) a few times.

Hope your LO feels better soon! It is so sad having them get sick. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ours lasted ten days. It was so hard to see lo miserable. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He was only super congested for a couple of days. I felt so bad for him but he was pretty unphased and was fine! I used the bulb from the hospital to clear out his nose which made him laugh. Hope your LO feels better soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ours lasted only 3 days I'm son relief now .. I hope your night goes well and I hope your LO gets well soon.
  • Options
    I hope your LO feels better soon. DD caught DS's cold, but luckily she did not get it as bad. She had a stuffy nose for a week. I used the hospital bulb to suction her out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2 days! We got lucky. I breastfed him a ton and did the nosefrida several times a day, plus humidifier and steam shower. He seems almost 100% now.
  • Options
    Finn hasn't had a cold yet, but I wanted to pop in and tell you that I hope your LO feels better soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    dliz87dliz87 member
    edited September 2013
    We are on day 10. Brought LO to the pedi a week ago to check in and bc she had two infected ingrown toes. Really hoping we are at the end of this cold. Will be brining her back to the pedi tomorrow or Wed if things don't start looking up.

Hope your LO gets well soon!
  • Options
    We did not sleep well last night. :( poor DD is so congested. She was so tired though that even when I was trying to suck snot out, she wouldn't fully wake up. This morning has been worse. It seems like the bulb doesn't get anything out and she hates it. I want to try the nose frida but have to order online and wait for it as no one sells it locally. Thanks for all the advice! I really hope we can kick this ASAP. I don't have a pedi I can call til October because she is on Medicaid til then and no one will see her. The family doctor who was seeing her I don't trust at all so if this gets bad we need to go to the ER. :( so far she's still eating (though it takes longer) so there's not too much the dr could do right?

Hope @dliz87 your baby gets better ASAP!
  • Options
    Aw - I hope that everyone's sick LOs get better soon!  Ema has had a cold since last week.  We are going on 5 days now.  On Thursday, she only had two bottles at DC in the morning.  Then slept from noon until my husband picked her up.  Saturday was when she was most congested.  It doesn't seem to affect her disposition much but I feel so bad for her.  I've been using the bulb and saline to clean out her nose and running the humidifier in her room at night.  A couple of times, I used Vicks vapor rub for infants and that seemed to help too.
  • Options
    We are on day 6. Doing as PP suggested. Hoping all these babies feel better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Day 4 here, although he's not too bad. Can I get an amen for Nose Frida? I love seeing progress! We are also doing the saline drops and humidifier. Might try a steamy shower tonight. Hope everyone's LOs feel better soon!
    photo df66db4a-fa98-43a8-9785-a437ac2b779f_zpsbd91495c.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"