1st Trimester

B6?

Is anyone taking an extra b6 supplement? I have horrible nausea and vomiting and need some relief. I have read about b6 and unison combo here, but I have a 2 year old and I don't want to knock myself out at night. Is the b6 effective on its own?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: B6?

• I don't blame you for not wanting to knock yourself out with your 2 year old! I took unisom and b6 for awhile, but I took it during the day and I only went through maybe 30 min of being tired and then it stopped but I did feel better. After awhile, I tried just B6 and it did help me a lot, but only for a very short period of time. Anytime i would take my prenatal gummies, which had b6, I felt better temporarily. I say try it, you have nothing to lose! I also had terrible nausea and vomiting, I really recommend that if it gets too bad or you start having trouble keeping liquids down, call your doctor and try to get zofran! It helped me more than anything. Good luck and I hope you start feeling better very soon!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I take b6 on its own (20mg 3 x daily) and it does help a lot. The day after I forgot to take it for a whole day is the only day I vomited. since then I've kept it up and have been fine.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, B6 on its own can help ease morning sickness. Nothing works 100% of the time for everyone, but you might find it helpful.

I'd suggest asking your doctor about it, though. Excessive B6 is hard on the liver and can have neurological side effects.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• B6 didn't work for me, I had my doctor prescribe me nausea medication which worked much better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"