Multiples
Options

Folic Acid/Prenatal Vitamins

So I've been taking a prenatal with DHA since I got the positive home pregnancy test back on Aug 21.
I just found out on Thursday that I'm having twins:)
My doctor said with twins they recommend taking more folic acid, so I bought some and have been taking both.
Just wondering if anyone else was told this?
My prenatal has 800mcg and the folic acid tablet is 400mcg. Just wondering what everyone else is taking.
Thanks!

Best Answer

Re: Folic Acid/Prenatal Vitamins

• Options
    And I should add, according to my doc, the 1200 mcg you're now getting isn't enough - you should at least double the folic acid to 1600 mcg.
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was going to call my doctor and ask him if I should take two folic acid pills which would give me a total of 1600 with the prenatal.
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    yep, I take my prenatal with DHA and also a prescription of folic acid. Plus on top of that my MFM has me taking magnesium and zinc 

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"