June 2013 Moms
Options

winter and carseats

Junemom2013Junemom2013 member
edited September 2013 in June 2013 Moms
Now that the weather is starting to get cooler and I know jackets in the car seat is a big no no. what are you going to use to keep you lo warm?  

if i buy something like this does it stay on while we are driving or do I take it off?

Re: winter and carseats

• Options
    I have no clue we live in Texas so we don't really have much of a winter. But I just wanted to say this is adorable and makes me excited to have a girl in the future.
  • Options
    I wouldn't leave it on in the car. The interior of the car will warm up, presumably, because you'll turn on the heat. LO can overheat if bundled up too much.

Also, I'm not sure about the one in the photo, but some of those contraptions go behind LO's back in the seat, and have holes for the straps. I've been told by a car seat expert that any fabric between LO and the seat makes it less safe.

I live in Saskatchwan, Canada, so I've had to think a lot about this. It's so frustrating! In the end, I think I'll just keep him in his regular clothes and throw lots of blankets on top for trips to the car.
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CTGirl30  You really wanted to drive your points home, huh?  ;)

But yeah, it's all been said.  No BundleMes that go behind baby, no puffy coats.  Single layer fleece jackets or one piece outfits, hats/mittens/blankets.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"