July 2013 Moms
Options

Making the transition...

...to the crib. I have been putting it off for about 3 weeks. I have a video monitor and for at least the last 15 min, I have been staring at it. Being able to see him while he is sleeping in his dark room is awesome and a little creepy.

He has been sleeping in a RNP in our room, so I guess we will see how it goes. He looks comfy so far!

When did you transition to a crib or when do you plan to? How did it go the first few nights?

I'm hoping we both sleep good tonight!
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Making the transition...

• Options
    I haven't yet and I'm terrified so I'm also curious to hear other answers.
  • Options
    We have been in the crib since her first night home. The video monitor definitely makes it easier . I hope it goes well. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We plan on transitioning this week, after her first shots. Did you do anything to help the transition? Like use a wedge under the mattress?
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Thanks! I am so happy that I have a video monitor so I can look at him. I keep watching him move his arms around thinking he is going to wake up, but he has been putting himself back to sleep!

• Options
    jeng100 said:

We plan on transitioning this week, after her first shots. Did you do anything to help the transition? Like use a wedge under the mattress?

@jeng100
    I didn't do anything different with his mattress, but I left the RNP set up in our room just in case. It sounds terrible, but I half way want him to wake up so I can snuggle him. Now I sound crazy, I should sleep since everyone else in my house is. Lol :)

• Options
    Probably going to transition him out of my bed when he's 5 years old. Just kidding. I love having him next to me but I know I need to transition him soon.
  • Options
    Oh, and I hope your LO sleeps well tonight :)
  • Options
    GL! DD has been in her crib for just over a week now. She did fine the first night, but I had a hard time. The second night I brought her back to the RNP after her MOTN feeding and the next night before I went to bed! Since the she has been in her crib all night. It was definitely harder on me than it was on her. Video monitors are fantastic!

• Options
    @asbromle
    Thanks! I love having him next to me too, so I will probably stare at him all night :-??

• Options
    @MrsErinH

I was wondering if I would run into that issue. If we do, then he will be back in the RNP!

• Options
    We transitioned about 2 weeks ago, but still have the RnP beside the bed.

We also moved the crib into our room because I just wasn't comfortable with him sleeping that far away. He either needs to be very asleep, or I swaddle him (he used to hate being swaddled) and I turn on the tranquil turtle.

He actually sleeps longer stretches in his crib than the RnP, I was very surprised. GL
  • Options
    We just put our LO in his crib for first time as well for the night! We are at 8 1/2 weeks. We just got a video monitor and it's amazing and makes me feel great. So far so good. Hope it works for you!
  • Options
    With DD we transitioned from co-sleeper to crib at 3 months. It was awful the first week. Then it was a battle to get her to not flip out in there. When she could climb out that was it. Your experience is hopefully better.

With DS I'm going to try when he outgrows the cosleeper. Hopefully the night and day differences will continue & he will love the crib.

DD starts off in the toddler bed but its incredibly difficult getting her to stay there. We keep walking her back but the tantrums are starting to wake DS up. It's getting more difficult to wash, rinse, repeat for both of them every night.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    jdandrea said:

We have been in the crib since her first night home. The video monitor definitely makes it easier . I hope it goes well. Good luck!

This.. Having a video monitor has been awesome. I'm not sure I would have survived the first few weeks without it.
    Love: 08/04/2006
    Marriage: 10/02/2010
      Computer Hope
    Baby Carriage: 
    BFP#1 : 03.2012........MMC + D&C : 05.2012
    BFP#2 : 11.12.2012..........Born 07.17.2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Buggy List blog
  • Options
    Not any time soon I love sleeping right next to my baby, When it gets really uncomfortable I put her in the bassinet for a couple of hours, but for most of the nights she's right next to me, they are so little for so long that I want take advantage of her age, my DS slept in our bed until he was 2 then he did the transition by him self when we bought him a car racing bed and I was really sad. I know it might seem crazy but I love to hear their breathing right next to me.
  • Options
    We switched from bassinet to crib at 6 weeks. It went really well for us. Maybe because they are both flat surfaces so it wasn't much different for LO.

• Options
    Lelo2006Lelo2006 member
    edited September 2013
    We are slowly doing it. He's sleeping in the crib for naps now. He slept in there on Friday night for 2 hours but woke up with a terrible cold so I let him sleep next to me last night and tonight. He seems to be feeling better so ill try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    My LO has been in the crib since the beginning and sleeps well. Generally gives at least one 7 hour stretch, Saturday night she did a 9 hour stretch! Good luck!
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    I transitioned last week when he hit two months. Prior to that I let him play in the crib while I showered to het used to it. I did notice the mobile helps him feel comfortable. I got the nerve to do it when he was wide awake after a motn feeding and I was tired.
  • Options
    Although my 2 year old has been sleeping in my bed for a month since he started with night terrors. I figure at least one of my kids will sleep in their room to minimize them waking each other up.
  • Options
    With DD we transitioned from co-sleeper to crib at 3 months. It was awful the first week. Then it was a battle to get her to not flip out in there. When she could climb out that was it. Your experience is hopefully better. With DS I'm going to try when he outgrows the cosleeper. Hopefully the night and day differences will continue & he will love the crib. DD starts off in the toddler bed but its incredibly difficult getting her to stay there. We keep walking her back but the tantrums are starting to wake DS up. It's getting more difficult to wash, rinse, repeat for both of them every night.
    We had that problem with DD, she is finally going to bed without crying and has been STTN. For a week or so she was waking up more than DS, it was horrible. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We transitioned around 5 weeks. He did really well! I think we're all sleeping better. He loves to sprawl out, so he has the space to do it now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    We did it the day we came home from the hospital with no issues. We also have a video monitor and his room is like 10 feet down the hall, which helps. If he had been in our room at all, none of us would have slept.
  • Options
    Overall the transition night #1 went well. He slept from 10:30-3:30 which was nice. Then up again to eat at 5:30. I had to put is nuk in once, but otherwise he seemed to have slept good! Thanks for sharing your stories :)

• Options
    We transitioned at 6 weeks and we both sleep so much better. The first two nights were hard, but now I'm so happy we did it. She'll be 10 weeks tomorrow. This last weekend, we were out if town and had her in the same room and it was horrible. I slept horribly and kept waking all night. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"