Babies on the Brain

How long before TTC should I start charting

Hey all! I am new around here and my husband and I have been talking about TTC sometime around January. I haven't been on BC for a few years now and I think I have finally figured out my cycle after being irregular for a long time. I have had BOTB since we got married a few months ago. My question is how long before we start TTC should I start charting my BBT? Is it something I shouldn't worry about until we start TTC or should I start before so I have a better understanding of my body and when I O for when we start TTC? Thanks ladies :)

Re: How long before TTC should I start charting

• britb143 said:
    Hey all! I am new around here and my husband and I have been talking about TTC sometime around January. I haven't been on BC for a few years now and I think I have finally figured out my cycle after being irregular for a long time. I have had BOTB since we got married a few months ago. My question is how long before we start TTC should I start charting my BBT? Is it something I shouldn't worry about until we start TTC or should I start before so I have a better understanding of my body and when I O for when we start TTC? Thanks ladies :)
    This.  Start before so you understand your cycle better and have the best opportunity to time everything well.  Even with doing that, it may still take several cycles, so you might as well get ahead of it.
  • KristinmoKristinmo member
    edited September 2013
    Up to you.  I went off birth control pills the month we started TTC and started charting that first month.

If you are not ready to get pregnant and do decide to come off the pill early, make sure you use another form of birth control (condoms) until you are ready.  TTA by charting works well AFTER you know how to chart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't been off of BC for a few years and we have been and will continue to use an alternate form of bc. Thanks for the advice ladies I think ill start charting at the beginning of my next cycle :)
  • Have been off bc* oops haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"