Breastfeeding

Daycare vent

So today, my daycare provider said something about another parent being upset that I nursed my son at drop off and that she would now have to "find" a place for me to nurse because they don't want their kids exposed to it. All the children are 2 and under and a lot of them are breastfed so I'm wondering if she is just uncomfortable with it or if it really is a parent. I'm super annoyed because #1. I'm worried about pumping enough and #2. I'm in a hurry in the morning and need things to be as quick as possible at drop off so if he is hungry, I don't want to truck to some other part of her house to nurse. I wear a nursing tank under my clothes and I'm not flashy anyone. UGH...just one more thing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare vent

• Tell her to F off too bad!! LOL
  • I feel ur frustration!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Is it a licensed DC? If so, I would think the law would be on your side to breastfeed there. Even if it is a residence...
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will never get used to hearing about ladies getting flack for nursing. Just so bizarre to me, especially the "exposing their kids to it" angle. Exposing them to what, exactly? The normal way a baby eats?

Sorry that you're dealing with this, I hope your DCP supports your wishes about it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's a load of bs.  I'd keep doing what you are doing.  It's their problem, not yours.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I just saw this posted yesterday on another mom's board I follow -- exactly the same thing you describe. Sorry you're dealing with this -- I think the responses in this were perfection.

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks ladies it is a licensed in home and the same lady I used for my first. I don't think she's all that crazy about nursing but she's always been really good with handling breast milk...pacing bottles, proper warming etc. and also keeping bags in the freezer. I never really nursed DS1 there except once in awhile in the evenings just because it didn't work with his schedule. Ugh...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't want to be the devil's advocate, but since it's in a home, is it really that difficult for you to find a quiet room somewhere away from where drop off is happening?  When I first started reading the post, I thought it'd be at a facility where I know that is more difficult to find somewhere else to go, but is it that hard to sit in a different room in a home to take care of this?

I do agree that the other mother is being stupid about it, though, and if it's the easiest and most convenient place for you to nurse, then she can get over it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"