March 2014 Moms
Options

Bassinet?

One of my co-workers has offered to sell me this bassinet, because his daughter doesn't use it much...do you think it's a good one? Safe? Do I even need a bassinet at all?  Would love to hear your opinion!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bassinet?

• Options
    I used a bassinet with my DS and I feel like it was a waste of money and space. I'm going to use a RnP and the PnP this go around until it's time to transition to the crib.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I can't see the pictures you posted because I'm at work, but I loved our bassinet.  DD didn't like the RnP, and the PnP wouldn't fit in our bedroom, so the bassinet worked perfectly.  I also think it might have helped with the transition to the crib since she wasn't used to sleeping on an incline like should have been if she ended up liking the RnP. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love bassinetts for the first ?8-12wks depending on size of baby.  If it is sturdy and good price go for it.
  • Options
    I think it depends on what your sleeping situation will look like when LO is born. Will they sleep in your room or their room? Do you already have a PnP or RnP? Is the price good?

If the baby is going to sleep in your room and you need a place for them to sleep, then I think it would be fine to buy the bassinet if it was a good price. If you plan on putting them in their crib from day one, you might not need it.

I love inexpensive items. If they were selling it for like $20 I'd buy it even if you might only use it once or twice. If they are selling it for $100, then you might want to think about just getting a PnP.

It looks safe and pretty from the pictures.
    Hi I'm Aria. Married in 2008. Baby G born 2011. Due March 25, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, ladies! He wants $75, which is half of what he paid for it. We have a separate room for the baby, but because of the SIDS recommendations, I was planning to sleep in the same room as the baby for the first few months (either in our bedroom or the living room, I guess). It's hard to picture right now what will be the most convenient solution.  I don't have a PnP or RnP... we just moved to our new apartment so I haven't started buying for baby's room yet (but can't wait to start!!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mamamia866mamamia866 member
    edited September 2013
    $75 is a good price, and if you plan on having more children, it will definitely be a good investment. Hopefully baby agrees with sleeping in it. But if not, you can sell it back or offer to let a friend use it? If you think $75 is too much but still want to use a bassinet, check your local consignment shops.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used my bassinet with DD for the first 3 months & will do the same with this baby. I love that they have wheels so depending on who's turn it is to get up with the baby it can be rolled to their side of the bed, lol. Also, I used to roll it around the house so if I was in the kitchen then DD was sleeping in the living room. We have some friends who just had a baby this past March & they gave us their bassinet. We would have purchased one had they not been so generous though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"