November 2013 Moms

Husband rant

Ok girls, I just need to get this out of my system! My DH is famous for not closing the fridge door completely when he goes to get his "midnight snack". In the past I could usually catch it, but since being pregnant, I go to he's MUCH earlier than him and have woken up several times to a fridge completely full of warm food. This morning was no exception. He JUST did this two weeks ago and I just had to throw a ton of food out and now I wake up to this! I lost.my.shit. Why is it so hard to make sure the door closes? What a way to start my Monday! Just needed to rant this out before I go to the grocery store yet again! Men!

Re: Husband rant

• DH does this, and it only takes about 10 minutes for the temp in our very small fridge to shoot right up (we live in the UK and our fridge is not too much larger than a dorm room-style one in the US.)

Drives me bats.
    photo bannernew_zpsfb1f0d0b.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh yes, he WILL be cleaning out the fridge tonight! And goblu1274 that is hilarious!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wtf, that is bizarre behaviour from a grown man....I agree with pp, let him clean and replace. That is so annoying!
  • Oh my gosh. Could that ruin your fridge? Like kill the condenser? I'd go crazy.

Is there some cheapie fridge alarm you could add to the door so it makes a loud enough noise?

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004T3827W

Not that you should have to use this... your DH should learn to shut the damn fridge, but I'd rather try this thingy than lose all my food and maybe break my fridge.

• Kfran84, that is amazing! It's sad that I may actually get that... I'm actually that desperate! Thanks!
  • Kfran84, that is amazing! It's sad that I may actually get that... I'm actually that desperate! Thanks!

I would! Especially if you plan on pumping soneday and leaving pumped milk in the fridge... Then we'd have a justifiable homicide on our hands.

One of the reviews says its really loud. Hope something like that works for you.

• Oh man, no kidding about the pumped milk possibly going bad if this happened. That would warrant a serious ass whooping. I would totally get the alarm if I were you! Hopefully it's not too loud to wake a sleeping baby, then there is a whole other issue at hand if it's a common occurrence. We accidentally leave our fridge door open because we have french doors, and one needs to close all the way for the other to close. Luckily we have an alarm on ours that lets us know. So worth it.

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"