Illinois Babies

OB Rec for Good Samaritian (Downers Grove) or Hinsdale Hospital

We were living in Naperville when my son was born, and my previous OB practice only delivers at CDH.  Now, we have moved to Clarendon Hills and are TTC #2.  I'd like to be able to use one of these hospitals (which are quite a bit closer to our house), and am looking for recomendations on OBs that deliver at either of these.  It would be a bonus if they specialize in higher risk patients (my son was a preemie, which makes me higher risk these days).  Also, if you have thoughts on which hospital you like more from experience....I really liked my previous OB, but if we end up with another NICU stay, CDH is really far to drive with a toddler at home.

Re: OB Rec for Good Samaritian (Downers Grove) or Hinsdale Hospital

• Dr. Murrey at West Suburban Women's Health in Willowbrook. She is great.
  • And Hinsdale Hospital actually just put in a new maternity ward that is beautiful
  • Loading the player...
  • I also love West Suburban Women's Health in Willowbrook, although I use the midwives-it's easy to switch between OBs and MWs if issues come up.  I don't know much about Good Sam (too far for me), but I did pick Hinsdale because they have a good NICU in case it's needed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had both my babies with OMG Womens Health through Hinsdale Hospital.  They are an amazing group with an ob/gyn and midwives, too.  Loved them!
  • I like Dupage medical group in Downers Grove. I've met two of the three doctors so far, and both are great. The staff had been great as well. I asked at my first appointment if they would be able to order my thyroid bloodwork when I needed it, and they said sure. This saves me an extra doctors appointment every 4 weeks! Plus all the results are available online the next day.

I still have a while before delivering, but I have a few friends and a few coworkers who have delivered at Good Sam and they all enjoyed it.
    TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hinsdale has a wonderful NICU. Most people use OMG or WestSubrban there. 
    Samantha Trebilcock BSN RN, CD(DONA), PES, CBE http://naturalbeginningsdoula.vpweb.com/
  • I highly recommend DuPage Medical Group's OB practice at Good Sam.  I've been seeing Dr. Gallo there for years and I love him.  I'm just meeting the other docs there now that I'm expecting, but my sister sees Dr. Wolowick and loves her too.  Can't say enough good things about them and Good Sam.  Also, Good Sam has a level III NICU which is great for piece of mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Another plug for West Suburban Women's health in Willowbrook that uses Hinsdale Hospital.

I see the midwives and have no complaints.  I did see the OBs when I was having trouble getting pregnant and then switched back to the midwives once I was pregnant and had no complications. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, I don't know if this will be too late to help the original poster, but in case anyone is still wondering, I delivered my daughter in January at Good Sam. with Drs. Virginia Kelly and James Jenks from TRE Ob/Gyn, and my experience was great. Thankfully, we didn't have reason to use the NICU, but I understand it is very good, too. Hope this helps!
  • I was wondering who you decided to go with?  I am also looking for someone who delivers at Hinsdale.  West Suburban Women's Health unfortunately does not take my insurance.  Anyone familiar with Dr. Gaunt, who is with the Women's OB-GYN Associates Group?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"