What would you do? — The Bump
1st Trimester

What would you do?

This may be TMI! So I went to the doctor to confirm my pregnancy last Monday. I scheduled a second appointment for exactly 5 weeks. My doctor said if I had any spotting, cramping or bleeding between that time to go to the ER. Now, I haven't had anything like that... However, I noticed the last two times I dtd (?still getting used to the baby slang) and used the bathroom immediately after there was a small amount of pink on the toilet paper. I am having no cramping or spotting or bleeding after I wipe. It's literally immediately after I go to the bathroom. And only right after sex. I don't even know if I would consider "spotting" because there is just nothing on my underwear. I even put a panty liner in so I could see better and still nothing. So I called my Dr office on Saturday and only got to speak to a nurse, who was no help. She told me to call back Monday (today) to talk to a womans health doctor, but to refrain from sex until then. So I will definitely call my doctor, but what would you do? Is it really necessary to go to the ER? I feel fine otherwise. I'm not cramping (besides some gas), nor spotting or bleeding. I'm very comfortable with saying this is probably just from sex. So would you go to the ER? Does anyone have any experience from this that they could share?

Thanks for reading.

It's a BOY

Re: What would you do?

• akifyreakifyre
    100 Love Its 100 Comments First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    Your cervix is very sensitive and more blood is flowing there during pregnancy. Spotting after sex is extremely common. If you were filling up a pad with bright red blood then I would be worried. Relax. calm down, and my non-medical opinion is that you are just fine. 

Edit: I would avoid sex until you are seen however, just for your own peace of mind as much as following what the Dr has to say.

Also follow up with your woman's health Dr. I believe they will tell you much the same. It has happened to me previously.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker 

November Siggy Challenge
    Christmas Story
    May 2014
  • Thank you! I'm not even really worried that it is anything bad. I almost KNEW it was from sex as soon as it happened. I just didn't want to make some unnecessary trip to the ER you know? I'm going to call my doctor right now and see what she says

It's a BOY

• Loading the player...
  • Excellent! My own opinion is that internet strangers are alright, but hearing something from a medical worker who went through medical school has a bit more credibility in my own anxiety strewn brain. 

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker 

November Siggy Challenge
    Christmas Story
    May 2014
  • Wow I actually got through to them pretty fast. She told me unless I am having cramping or bleeding afterwards, that it is nothing I should worry about. She didn't go in to detail, but basically just told me what I SHOULD worry about and what I should make a trip to the ER for. And this was not one of them. Good to know! 

It's a BOY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards