Breastfeeding
Options

is this okay?

After I pump, I store the medela containers in the fridge. At the end of the day, I transfer the milk to bottles so they are easy to grab and heat up. Is it okay to have the milk in bottles with the nipples and caps? I have about 8 bottles ready to go.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: is this okay?

• Options
    I've been pumping for daycare since DD was 9 weeks old. She's almost 10 months now. I've always made bottles after work, even if they weren't used for a day or two. I've never had them go bad, and didn't know it was even something to think about! I made my Monday bottles this morning :P
  • Options

We did that for daycare bottles...I think as long as it's not more than a day's worth of bottles, it's ok, but I wouldn't store for more than a day or so in bottles with nipples rather than actual lids.

I never thought of this being a prob if bottles haven't been used. We use Playtex bottles with lids over the nipples. What is the reasoning that this would be problem?

In a cold environment such as a fridge gas exchange is minimal. With minuscule nipple holes and a cap I would think gas exchange with the milk is nonexistent. Is there something I'm missing?
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah we make ahead all the time too and have never had an issue.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We did that for daycare bottles...I think as long as it's not more than a day's worth of bottles, it's ok, but I wouldn't store for more than a day or so in bottles with nipples rather than actual lids.
    I agree with this and we sent milk in the bottles to DC for LO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"