August 2012 Moms

Britvahok

Let me know how pumpkinville is! I've been to the animal park in the spring but haven't done their fall festival. Have fun!
victoria5month samantha5

Re: Britvahok

• edited September 2013
    I'm going to stalk this. :)
    @SJandVA, I feel like we were close to your neck of the woods yesterday. We went to the Shennandoah's and picked apples. It was so beautiful. Howell needs more nature in his life.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• @Baker_Bride which orchard did you guys end up going to?
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Loading the player...
  • We went to Heartland Orchards. I don't think we will go back because it was an odd layout. They also didn't mark the trees so you had to guess what you were getting. Someone (other city folk trying to get some air) at the park told us they went to another one over there that sounded better. 

• I've never been but I think Stribling is better.
    I'm about 30 mins east of there. But today we are actually out near Winchester for a birthday party.
    Next time you want some country fresh air you should do Skyline Drive and Skyline caverns. Hit up the Apple House for some fresh baked apple donuts.
    There's also a lot if good hiking out that way.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • We went to Skyline Drive! We just spent an hour near the visitor center but we think we'd love to camp there.

• Glad you went yesterday! I am currently stuck right at the Markham exit. 66 is closed. Blah!
    victoria5month samantha5
  • @SJandVA and @Baker_Bride, pumpkinville was so much fun!  Micah looked the huge slide and the hay ride.  They even had 2 bounce houses.  The had about 4 different playground sets.  The petting farm was an added bonus, I didn't realize it was going to be open.  So we got to see all the animals.  They also had pony  and camel rides which Micah was too little for this year but we decided that we're going to go every year.

I haven't been to Cox farms so I'm not sure how it compares but I loved how it was overly crowded which I hear everyone complain about Cox.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Cox farms is awesome. It is huge! But it gets very busy on the weekends. We usually go in the week days. This whole kindergarten thing is cramping our style. Haha
    Cox farms doesn't have as many animals.
    Side note- last time we went Samantha got to pet a new born piglet at the petting zoo.
    victoria5month samantha5
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"