Stay at Home Moms
Options

Favorite donut?

What's yours? 

Mine is a sour cream glazed donut from Tim Hortons (the best donut maker in ALL OF THE WORLD!!1!)

Also, in Canada we spell it doughnuts, and donut holes are called Timbits. So there. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Favorite donut?

• Options
    all of them
  • Options
    I don't like donuts. My taste buds are broken.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    gah! another thing I miss about Ohio- Tim Hortons! Iced Capps are the bessstt!
  • Options
    joyfullyfoundjoyfullyfound member
    edited September 2013
    hls19 said: gah! another thing I miss about Ohio- Tim Hortons! Iced Capps are the bessstt!

Noooooooo!! Why did you have to bring those up? :( There's a taboo on the word "iced" and "Capp" in our house because I want one
    so so bad but they're full of caffeine. 

*sobs* 

• Options
    I'm sorry joyfully!!
    :(

At least once you can have them again- they will be there. I haven't had one in 2 years
    :((
  • Options
    hls19 said:
    I'm sorry joyfully!!
    :(

At least once you can have them again- they will be there. I haven't had one in 2 years
    :((
    True. Alright, I feel better. Here's a virtual one for both of us. 

• Options
    This time of year I love getting cinnamon sugar doughnuts from cider mills.  The rest of the year there is a doughnut I love from a local bakery that is pretty much like a cinnamon roll but with chocolate icing.  I also love Tim bits from Tim Horton's.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options

I haven't had a donut in years!  How crazy is that?!  They give me a stomachache every time...maybe because they are fried?  I like the ones that look like a porcupine though or apple fritters.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Mine is a sour cream glazed donut from Tim Hortons (the best donut maker in ALL OF THE WORLD!!1!)

::side eye::  

You must have limited exposure to doughnuts!  :P  

My favorite doughnut... hmm... I kind of like a lot of dougnuts.  If I had to pick it would have to be this one that's cream-filled and coated with sugar.  The texture of the doughnut itself is like a glazed doughnut would be.  It doesn't win by a wide margin though.  My favorite doughnuts are from a local place.  They're the best!
  • Options
    Pumpkin glaze, mmmm.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    Apple Cinnamon TimBits... If I have to eat American doughnuts, any kind of yeast doughnut besides the crap ones from KK will work. I love a cinnamon twist from this truck at the beach we go to, delicious. I despise cake doughnuts, so no Dunkin Doughnuts for me either. Blech.
  • Options
    I love Dunkin Donuts and my favorite would have to be the Bostom Cream filled or a raised chocolate glazed.  I also prefer Dunkin coffee over Tim Hortons.
  • Options
    KC_13 said:

I don't like donuts. My taste buds are broken.

Me either. I want to like them, but whenever I try to eat one I just think it tastes like crap and I feel sick.

Also, Tim Hortons for the win. I do love Starbucks flavored lattes, but for a plain ol' coffee I much prefer Timmies.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I haven't had a donut in ages. The only four I ever get are plain cake, plain cake with cherry frosting, plain cake with chocolate frosting and coconut, or raised with sugar. I like plain and powdered sugar donut holes.

Damn, now I really want donuts.
  • Options
    cjcouple said:
    Dunkin has both kinds Kate! And amazing coffee. Lol.
    I had no idea. I don't drink coffee or eat cake doughnuts, so I've never even been in there!
  • Options
    Glaze and topped with fresh strawberries.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Loppy19 said:
    Buttermilk Bar from VooDoo Donuts in downtown Portland. Best donuts ever. 
    VooDoo is the best!
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Options
    HI!

I haven't had DD, and I used to like KK, but too sweet for me. My favorites are from local mom & pop type stores. Not very adventurous, but I only like plain glazed :P

*New on the SAHM board*

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I usually lean towards Boston cream donuts, but I love cider mill donuts in the fall. Also, strawberry frosted with sprinkles are delicious!

• Options
    Zebra stripped but choc icing and stripped with white frosting from a local donut shop called Sandy's Donuts. Seriously the best donuts ever. And yes, I've had major donut chains. They don't compare with Sandy's.

Yum, now I want one....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    The Krispy Kreme chocolate glazed filled with icing. To die for. And you probably will. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    our local doughnut shop on the boardwalk wins hands down. they only sell glazed doughnuts and are only open a few hours a week from march to september.

otherwise, from DD or KK i like chocolate covered CUSTARD filled (no whipped cream, blech) or sour cream cake doughnuts. or DD chocolate w/ glaze. or KK original glazed as long as the "HOT NOW" sign is lit. who am i kidding, i eat all the doughnuts.

i wanted so badly to find the tim hortons while in nyc but missed out :(
  • Options
    KateB1984 said:
    As soon as I saw this post, I though Tim hortons sour cream glazed, before I opened it and saw your response Joyfully! The blueberry fritters filled with blueberry jelly are good too. Or Boston cream. Depends on my mood. :) I usually just get timbits so I don't have to choose! I spell it donuts. Tim hortons agrees with me. I checked to be sure ;)https://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu/donuts.html
    Way to burst my bubble. So, is doughnut not the Canadian spelling then? Hmm... *runs off to Google*

My secondary choice is always an apple fritter. But I'm the same, I get a 10 pack of mixed timbits and call it a day ;) 

• Options
    I can't pick a favorite.  I love doughnuts and I'm not very picky about them.  The only types I don't really care for are filled ones.  I've never had doughnuts from Dunkin or Tim Hortons because we don't have those out here. 
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Options
    Any and all donuts that do not involve fruit.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    Dammit...now I want a custard filled KK. I'll be back later.
  • Options
    An iced Persian with nuts from our local doughnut shop.  I don't like chain ones or grocery store  donuts.
  • Options
    The only donuts I get regularly are apple cider ones from BIL's farm. Had some yesterday, mmmm. 

After having donuts from a few mom & pop type places in western PA and Virginia, I can't eat regular donuts from Dunkin Donuts, Tim Hortons, etc. They just don't taste good to me anymore. 

I'd choose a salt bagel instead (also not from DD). 
    Both Mo & Maeve have field trips to that farm on the SAME DAY! Guess what I'll be getting :) I love those apple cider donuts WITHOUT sugar, as do my kids. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    @LalaMama81 and any other Philly/South Jersey mom - if you're heading to Ocean City/Wildwood/ Cape May you MUST take a little detour to Frog Hollow Bakery on Rt. 50 in Ocean View. 
    The donuts are the most delicious and fabulous ever! YUM! YUM! YUM!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Hi @auroraloo !!!

Jamie

• Options
    I just remembered that other than plain glazed, I also like cinnamon covered ones.

Jamie

• Options
    Oh wait, there is ONE kind of donut I like... Pumpkin donuts from a pumpkin patch near us. Especially when they're still hot... Mmmmm.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Either old plain, old fashioned glazed, or old fashioned coated in cinnamon sugar. We usually get them from Tim's, but you know where we had some AWESOME doughnuts last night? Harvey's. They're mini cinnamon sugar coated, and they're amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"