1st Trimester

Obsession

I found out I was pregnant over a week ago. I had my physical with my dr on 9/18 and talked to her about how my husband (then fiancé.. We got married yesterday) and I wanted to start trying to get pregnant in a few months and I didn't start a new birth control pack after my last period at the end of August. I took a test just for fun on 9/19 and it was very faint. I work at a clinic, and thought maybe their tests were flakey, so I brought one home with me. Faint positive again. I went to Walmart and bought four more... Surely they would be negative. I took a first response and a digital... Both positive. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 16, so I always thought I would either have a difficult time or never get pregnant. Not pregnant right off BC, 1 week before my wedding and not even trying yet. I have taken tons of tests because I'm still in disbelief that I am pregnant.
They are still positive and I want to relax and just enjoy it. Does that ever happen?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Obsession

• First of all, congratulations!!! Second, yes... You will be able to relax and enjoy it! It might be a little more difficult to do at the beginning because odds are, it hasn't totally sunk in yet. Once it does, you definitely can't stop yourself from enjoying things like crazy! Theres always something new happening. Of course there are always things you worry about but the good outweighs the bad and try your best to think about the fact that you ARE pregnant and that's what's important at this moment. It's probably just the initial shock, I remember how unbelievable it was when I found out I was pregnant.. It's difficult to enjoy it when you can't quite believe it yet! But again, congratulations and try to relax :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • In a couple weeks,,, you'll probably already feel like you've been pregnant a while & before you know it,, you'll be telling family and friends & that's when it gets more acceptable in your mind! The first tri is all about letting it sink in :)

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your double whammy of happiness! Heck, you don't have to be trying to get pregnant. You're very lucky to be so fertile! Just chill out and enjoy it.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• You're right, I am lucky... I just
    Needed some reminders as I have nobody to talk to about it yet... My first
    Ultrasound is next Monday and I am really excited about that... :) I really love this forum!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"