Trouble TTC
Options

Intro - can I join?

Hi Ladies - do you mind if I join the board?  I've been posting on TTGP for the past year but would love to get to know you all as well as we pass the 1 year mark.

Quick history on us: We have been TTC since October 2012.  I'm 31 and DH is 37.  We live in NYC and are the proud parents of a newly adopted kitty.  We were sent in for testing due to my husband's medical history (double hernia operation as a child) and his SA came back at 3% morphology.  DH met with the urologist and was diagnosed with a bi-lateral varicocele which was surgically repaired two weeks ago.  His other numbers are normal and no issues with sperm DNA.  My testing has all come back normal (CD3 bloodwork, HSG, progesterone, endometrial biopsy). 

We had our initial appointment with the RE and our current plan is to try on our own until December when we will see the results of DH's SA.  At that point depending on the results, we will be moving on to IUI if morphology has improved or if no improvement with morphology than IVF with ICSI.  I look forward to getting to know you all and would love to hear about anyone who has had experiences with MFI and varicecole surgery. 

Have a great Friday!

Re: Intro - can I join?

• Options
    Welcome!!  And sorry you find yourself here....... 

I am a bit shocked that your RE suggested moving straight to IVF with the only MFI issue being 3% morphology, and your young age.  My DH has 2% and my RE wasn't too worried about it at all.  As long as the other numbers are good, morphology usually is not a big issue. Our RE suggested IUI to weed out some of the bad/dead sperm and make it easier for them to get to the egg by putting them right in the uterus.  She never even brought up the issue of IVF due to morphology. 

Whatever you decide, GOOD LUCK and welcome!!!  :)

Hi Lindsey - I should have clarified that our RE said that we would try several rounds of IUIs before moving on to IVF with ICSI if morphology improved a bit.  My DH was evaluated on the WHO scale where I believe greater than 30% was considered to be normal.  He did say though that he was concerned that if there was no improvement with morphology that IUI would not be the best option for us but he was more than willing to try.  We have tried two unmedicated IUIs pre varicecole surgery that unfortunately resulted in bfns. 
  • Options
    Welcome.  I hope you are able to get some positive results over the next few months.  Although we would love to have you here I hope your stay is short.  Good Luck!
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
    10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
    10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
    6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
    7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
    8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
    9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
    From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
    Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
    All Are Welcome!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1983lindsey said: 
    OOOOOHHHHHH!!!!  That's a horse of a different color! I did not realize there were two different scales!  You really do learn something everyday!  That makes more sense about the IVF then....  
    I sure hope the surgery was a success and everything works out for you two in December with the re-test :) 

No worries! Crossing my fingers for good results in December :-)

• Options

I was going to say the same thing as 1983lindsey ... but then saw that it's on a different scale!

Wecome & good luck with the rest of the testing!

TTC since March 2012
    DX: MFI (4% motility)

Cycle 13: Natural cycle w/ HSG test = BFP
    Identical twins! 
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks

Cycle 14-16: Natural Cycles = BFN
    Cycle 17: Follistim + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Cycle 18: Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19: Follistim + Trigger +IUI#2
    Polyp found: SIS 11/11 - hysteroscopy 11/14
    Cycle 20: Follistim + IUI#2 = BFFN
    Cycle 21: Follistim (adj. dosage) + IUI#3 TI  = BFN
    IUI cancelled due to weather
    Cycle 22: Follistim + IUI#3.1 = BFN

Cycle 23: treatment break, IVF consult
    Cycle 24 - 26: natural cycle w/ acupuncture + Chinese herbs = BFN
    Cycle 27: Follistim + IUI#4 = BFFN
    Natural Cycles until IVF
    Cycle 30: IVF#1 - Starting with Menopur + Follistim + Ganirelix
    17 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 5dt w/ 2 blasts, 5 frosties

Betas:  #1-156(9dp5dt), #2-1200(13dp5) #3-6112(17dp5)
    Ultrasound #1 10/6: 1 bean!
    TEAM BLUE!

My Chart
    ~~ALL WELCOME~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FX for some improvement - welcome, good luck!
    Me (34) & DH (45) - NTNP since June 2011
    RE: 12/1/12 - Me: PCOS; DH: Low T
    2/13: DH's T went from 190 to 777!
    Cycle 1 1/25/13: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = Ectopic pregnancy
    3/7/13: MTX injections put me on the bench.
    Cycle 2 6/7/13: Clomid 100mg CD3-7 = No response
    Cycle 2.1 Clomid 150mg CD 19-23 + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 3 7/21/13: Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #1 + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 4 8/25/13: Bravelle 75-112iu + Trigger + IUI #2 + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 5 9/23/13: Bravelle 75-225iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Progesterone = BFFN
    Onto IVF - starting injects on Christmas Day

• Options
    Welcome but sorry you have to be here.  My RE gave us the option to try IUI before IVF, as well, but basically said that he felt we'd be eating away at our fertility benefit if we did that and it didn't work.  Did you RE give you any indication about what the probability of IUI working are?  Given that we only have a $30k lifetime max, we decided to forgo IUI and not waste any unnecessary money and went straight to IVF.  Good luck to you whatever you decide!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Options
    Sorry you find yourself here, but welcome! Good luck :)
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome but sorry you have to be here.  My RE gave us the option to try IUI before IVF, as well, but basically said that he felt we'd be eating away at our fertility benefit if we did that and it didn't work.  Did you RE give you any indication about what the probability of IUI working are?  Given that we only have a $30k lifetime max, we decided to forgo IUI and not waste any unnecessary money and went straight to IVF.  Good luck to you whatever you decide!
    Hi there - Our RE couldn't give us a probablility of an IUI working yet since we are still waiting on my husband's first SA post surgery which is in December.  I agree with you though that if the morphology does not improve enough, we would be eating away at our insurance by doing several rounds of IUI.  We have 20K lifetime max with our plan.
  • Options
    I know this isn't what the post is about, but I would like to say I am jealous of your insurance coverage.  I only get $5000 life time with no IVF coverage.  Thats what i get for working for the state lol.
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
    10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
    10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
    6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
    7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
    8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
    9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
    From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
    Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
    All Are Welcome!!

• Options
    I know this isn't what the post is about, but I would like to say I am jealous of your insurance coverage.  I only get $5000 life time with no IVF coverage.  Thats what i get for working for the state lol.

:-( I'm sorry - that really sucks. 
  • Options
    Sorry you're here, but welcome!  FX that the surgery was a success and you don't even have to wait until December to get your BFP!

Me: 33, HSG & b/w normal; partial septate uterus   DH: 33, SA good but low morphology (3%)
    Started trying to make a baby Apr'12    Aug'13 DX: Unexplained Infertility
    Sept'13: 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 (13m + 11m post wash) CDs 11&12 + 200mg progesterone 3x daily =
    BFP!     
    Beta 16dpIUI = 391 EDD 6.14.14 Delivered 6.13.14
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just wanted to say welcome!

Me and DH: 32, TTC since 2/2012
    Dx: lean PCOS, low hormone levels, 2 CP's before seeing RE, MTHFR heterozygous
    IUI #1 with clomid and ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 with clomid (unresponsive), femara, ovidrel and novarel: Possible CP
    IUI #3 with femara, ovidrel and novarel: BFN
    IUI #4 with Follistim (115 iu) and ovidrel= BFN, developed OHSS, benched- 2 weeks of birth control pills
    IUI #5 with Follistim (75iu) and ovidrel= BFN........Taking a medication break for a few months
    IUI #6 with Follistim (75iu) every other day, femara and Lupron trigger= BFN
    *Taking a long break to get healthy and research/prepare for IVF*
    Goal: gain 5 lbs, gluten/dairy/soy/nut free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    3T June Siggy Challenge- Celebrity Crush: Woody Harrelson
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Welcome!  I hope your stay is short... but in the time you need, I hope you'll be comfortable sharing with us and supporting others.  It's a really great board with really great women!
    Actively TTC since 01/11
    Me: 06/12 Dx w/ IR PCOS (rx 2000 metformin) DH: SA all clear; looking good
    06/12-10/12- Clomid/Femara + trigger + TI + P4 = 3 BFNs, hysteroscopy, polypectomy, D&C
    11/12 - 7.5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI + P4 = BFN
    12/12 - Surprise BFP ectopic (MTX 01/13)
    04/13 - Off the Bench! 7.5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI #2 + estradiol + P4 = BFN
    05/13 Clear HSG-5 mg Femara + Menopur + trigger + IUI #3 + P4 = BFP ectopic (MTX 07/03 & 07/11)
    07/23 emergency lap to remove ectopic mass and left tube
    10/13 5mg Femara + Menopur + trigger + TI(follie on left/no IUI)=BFN
    11/13 Same as above but BFP!
    Beta #1 12dpo-51     Beta #2 15dpo-178
    12/5- There's something in my ute!!
    Keaton Alexander is here 07/24/2014 !!
  • Options
    Welcome to the board. Best of luck!!
    Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism DH: 35 - SA is good Married since 2010 (together since 2006) TTC since June 2009 (we knew we would have issues and wanted family right away after we got married). No pregnancies yet. May 2013 - started first round of Chlomid & ovidrel cycle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"