Pregnant after 35

29 weeks..how do you deal with the extra weight?

Good morning ladies!  I was wondering how any of you deal with the constant extremely full feeling?  I wake up for work each morning and it is a struggle - just trying to catch my breath and get comfortable.  I don't always feel this way, but the last few mornings I have. I realize this may just be a normal symptom of pregnancy, but wasn't sure if anyone had any tips/tricks to dealing with it? I try to each smaller meals but goodness gracious, I feel like I am 1000 pounds and am only truly comfortable when I can lay down. Obviously, this is no help when I am working. :)  So grateful to be this far along and hate to gripe, but wondering if anyone is in the same boat? Thanks! :)
Me:37 DH:40 Married 7/2009 TTC since 5/2012 
BFP 4/2013, Our Christmas Miracle Due 12/18/2013

Re: 29 weeks..how do you deal with the extra weight?

• I had to use a maternity support belt through most of third tri because I'm so short and baby had nowhere to grow but out, which threw my center of gravity way off, resulted in my stomach bouncing uncomfortably when I walked, and caused a lot of back pain (even though I gained less than 25 lbs during my pregnancy). The support belt definitely helped, even though it's not the most comfortable thing either. I recommend going to a maternity specialty store where they can help fit you with the correct style and size, and show you how to put it on correctly.

That said, third tri is going to be uncomfortable and getting winded easily is just part of being pregnant as your uterus starts compressing your lungs into a smaller space. Best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am 31 weeks and right there with you. I'm really feeling the extra weight, both in my back and side rib muscles. It's the worst at night, probably from supporting everything all day. I really hate dishing out the money for a belt with just two months to go, especially since money is tight for us right now and we still need a lot of things for the baby. So right now I am suffering through it. I'm lucky that I'm not working, but the smallest tasks get me totally winded and worn out at this point. And ya, I feel like I swallowed a bowling ball. Uncomfortable all the time and even more so after I eat. I'm just keeping my eye on the prize because I really haven't found anything that helps much!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 33w 2d with twins and am carrying around over 10 lbs of babies. My uterus has now overlapped my ribs on both sides. I'm also on bedrest. The mat support belt helped up until 24 weeks. Third trimester is no fun. Eat smaller portions. Lie down when you feel you need to. I think all the discomfort is to make us ready to go into labor and deliver our children.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks! Sometimes you just need to hear you are not alone. Gonna let the hubby cook tonight so I can rest!!!
  • I know the feeling. I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and baby 4 is already weighing over 5 pounds, which is over a pound for this gestational age. I wear a belt sometimes but it's not comfy to me. I'm always stiff and hurting so I do a lot of stretching and yoga. I'll be so glad when it's over because I am literally dragging this load. Just found out she's turned from head down to breech position and it's not a great feeling.
  • I haven't tried the belt because anythig tight in that area doesn't feel good to me. Best of luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"